Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: A6 MARR open already  (Read 4357 times)

JohnBates

Re: A6 MARR open already
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 06:49:33 PM »
I make regular journeys to Poynton.  Traffic was no worse getting into Poynton, but at 3.30pm traffic getting out of Poynton was backed up to Anglesey Drive because of the new lights for the bypass. Perhaps there are teething problems with the lights, but I suspect the traffic will get worse as more people start to use the bypass.

Poynton traffic likely to be worse till Poynton bypass built, as it was with remodelling Poynton junction, though it will take some weeks to re program traffic lights to maximise actual flow as against modelled flow.
Once Poynton bypass built will be hugely improved, at least that is programmed to start. Alleviating Bents lane crawl with A6 Bredbury is still to get under way.

Newbie1

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 06:19:51 PM »
I make regular journeys to Poynton.  Traffic was no worse getting into Poynton, but at 3.30pm traffic getting out of Poynton was backed up to Anglesey Drive because of the new lights for the bypass. Perhaps there are teething problems with the lights, but I suspect the traffic will get worse as more people start to use the bypass.

Henry_

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 07:06:37 AM »
Absolutely  :)

Seconded.

Just driven to work along the new road. Marple Bridge to the airport in 23 minutes, albeit pre rush hour.

JohnBates

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 10:48:20 PM »
Now for the Bredbury bypass we hope

Absolutely  :)

amazon

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 10:46:58 PM »
Just been along entire bypass. Still some cones out and being collected and A34 junctions still being finished but A6 MARR open  :) :)
Now for the Bredbury bypass we hope

JohnBates

A6 MARR open already
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 10:07:10 PM »
Just been along entire bypass. Still some cones out and being collected and A34 junctions still being finished but A6 MARR open  :) :)