Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Fish Restaurant - Harrods?  (Read 11320 times)

ringi

Re: Fish Restaurant - Harrods?
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 05:42:36 PM »
I hope they will be required to put in full wheelchair access as it is not unreasonable given the account of work that has been done to the building.

marpleexile

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 05:34:20 PM »
As one who is waiting for it to be opened (Wedding anniversary festivities will now have to take place elsewhere!) I would have thought a change of use would have been sorted out earlier but then perhaps spending lots of money before getting the relevant permissions is usual.

Some of these licenses and permissions can't be applied for in advance, as the relevant authority needs to see what you've actually put in place, rather than what you say you will put in place (probably, maybe, if you get round to it....).

But an 8 week delay in being reassessed (assuming the issues raised can be resolved significantly sooner) seems excessive and obstructive.

andrewbowden

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 05:01:12 PM »
As one who is waiting for it to be opened (Wedding anniversary festivities will now have to take place elsewhere!) I would have thought a change of use would have been sorted out earlier but then perhaps spending lots of money before getting the relevant permissions is usual.

You'd be amazed at how late many people seem to apply for their alcohol license.

corium

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 04:17:56 PM »

jimblob

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 03:51:17 PM »

jimblob

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 03:39:30 PM »
Looks like the Fisherman's table opening will be delayed. The council have refused a change of use from a car spares shop to a seafood restaurant because they weren't happy with where waste was to be stored inside. Rather than discussing it with the new proprietors and finding a solution they simply declined the application. It'll now be another 8 weeks until a new application can be made and hopefully accepted.
Good old Stockport council eh! .. and to think we pay these folks; seems the only thing they do permit on a regular basis is installation of new speed humps.

mikes

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 03:45:43 PM »
Yes this is great news and just what Marple needs.  I for one will be in there every week.

Condate

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 03:02:52 PM »

ringi

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 12:51:28 PM »
I hope they will be as good as http://theeasyfishco.com/ in Stockport.

nbt

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 08:36:44 AM »
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

ROTHERS

Fish Restaurant - Harrods?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:39:46 AM »
i have heard (Friend of a Friend) that the ex-Harrods store will be a fish restaurant...