To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Asian Food  (Read 9320 times)

myloweb

Re: Asian Food
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 09:58:43 PM »
That was a hard vote as we very rarely use any of them these days.
Try the Shabaz either opposite the Puss in Boots in Offerton or near the rocks in Bredbury. Been going there for 6 years as we used to live in Offerton. Now moved back more local and drive to Shabaz in Bredbury. The food is spot on and in all those years using both I can honestly say we have had only 1 poor one.
You can also take your own drink into Bredbury and dine in (although it isn't the most celubrious of venues ).
Give them a try you won't be disappointed.  :)

nbt

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 06:24:33 PM »
We really like Simply Indian in New Mills - their bitter is bottled as they don't serve enough to merit having it on draught (it goes off) but that's no great shakes as the bottled bitter was Coniston Bluebird last time!
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

pjarvis98

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 05:15:11 PM »
I noticed this was done in 2005. I think we are ready for an update :-) I've recently started eating Indian food and tried all the ones in Marple and found Exotic Balti to be the best by far.

alan@marple

Asian Food
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 10:24:04 PM »
Tonight I went with the family to the Basmati at Brabyns Brow (0161 427 7748). We each enjoyed our meals and I in particular enjoyed my Moghli Chicken Biryani which was served in a delightful manner on nice warm plates. All the usual side dishes were available. Linen tableware ultra modern seating and decor, together with atmospheric blue and pink lighting contributed to make this a most pleasant occasion.

I would certainly go again although I have to say I thought the drinks were a little "pricey" at £2.55 for a small bottled beer ( no draft at present but the manager assured me it will soon be on).

However be warned:

Make sure you have got your cheque book and card, the management do not yet have card facilities, fortunately for me I have a wealthy daughter who just happened to have some cash with her to meet the bill of £60 for four (including 4 beers and 2 wines)

Also when you go in ask for a table looking onto the car park because the radiators are under those windows, we moved tables as it was rather cold, away from the central heating. I am sure this will not be so apparent when the weather gets warmer.

My personal opinion is favourable, the owner was most attentive and was seen to ensure his staff gave customer satisfaction.

9 out of 10.

I deducted 1 mark for having no credit card facility
and  insufficient heating.

Dave

Asian Food
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 06:08:36 PM »
I see the rumour about Midlers is turning out to be correct - the sign outside indicates that it willl shortly open as an Indian.  A clever move I reckon - we can phone them as we leave Piccadilly and the takeaway will be waiting when we arrive @ Marple.   ':p'

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
Asian Food
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 12:19:17 AM »
Kinary is excellent and some of the friendliest staff that you could hope to meet. Its not often you get a cheery wave from shop owners as they drive past.

A great community restaurant.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

Rachael

Asian Food
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 10:18:42 PM »
The Deeba is our favourite too for take away and eating in.

SteveP

Asian Food
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 07:50:56 PM »
After hearing about the curry chef award, we recently ordered a take away from Exotic Balti (for four people) only to be very very disappointed.
Then last night (sunday) we ordered a take away from Kinaray (for four) and two ended up with dickie tummies.
The best for me is The Deeba in Poynton (no smoking) and up to 50% off food bills plus a 'healthy heart' option.

Howard

Asian Food
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 03:54:07 PM »
I believe I know where at least two of those votes for the Kinary came from, especially as I saw Mark having dinner there while I was picking up my takeaway...

Dave

Asian Food
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 07:00:37 PM »
The Gulshan (oppoiste the Navi) is OK, and very good value for two or more once you realise that the portions are very generous so you don't need to order very much.  And you can have a nice pint of Robbie's over the road while you wait, of course.  ':p'

alan@marple

Asian Food
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 12:32:50 AM »
Whats the best Indian Take away in Marple these days?