Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Burst lower fold  (Read 2811 times)

mikes

Re: Burst lower fold
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 08:27:12 AM »
Try reporting it online if you have not done so

I did and they acknowledged my report on 13th March 13:16 by text, saying "Hi, we are in the process of planning the work for your job, we will contact you within 10 working days. Thanks United Utilities".

They also acknowledged my 2nd report of the one on Lower Fold on 20 June 10:41 saying that they had completed the repairs, but that was a fountain rather than a trickle.

amazon

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 07:58:46 PM »
UU still haven't fixed the leak on Offerton Road I reported in march and UU acknowledged on 12th March.
Try reporting it online if you have not done so

mikes

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 07:32:23 PM »
UU still haven't fixed the leak on Offerton Road I reported in march and UU acknowledged on 12th March.

amazon

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 08:49:26 PM »
The water companies have politely asked people to use water sparingly.
This means not watering lawns, gardens and plants.
Probably also means not filling up paddling pools.
Having a quick shower and not a bath.
Not washing our cars.
Not using hosepipes and patio washers etc.

Just common sense stuff really.

In Marple I know we have had hardly any rain for 7 weeks. I for one don't wish to have to use a standby tap, as many people did in 1976.
Read united utilities website there is plenty of water but  just as they say be wise .

EmmyJane Designs

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 04:00:50 PM »
The water companies have politely asked people to use water sparingly.
This means not watering lawns, gardens and plants.
Probably also means not filling up paddling pools.
Having a quick shower and not a bath.
Not washing our cars.
Not using hosepipes and patio washers etc.

Just common sense stuff really.

In Marple I know we have had hardly any rain for 7 weeks. I for one don't wish to have to use a standby tap, as many people did in 1976.

Howard

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 11:37:03 PM »
There is plenty of water in the main reservoirs (it was quite a wet spring). It's the service reservoirs that are emptying quickly as people draw down on it too fast. We can only get them filled up at a certain speed.

We shouldn't be watering our lawns or gardens anyway. Most plants won't die and once it rains again the grass will green up very quickly. I was 8 in 1976 and I still remember the brown grass in all the parks.

amazon

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 10:19:37 PM »
Hmm, piece on the wireless this evening about the possibility of water saving rules being imminent. "Physician heal thyself."!
Does anyone remember the last time we had water saving rules they were telling use to put bricks in your toilets to save water .i think i was just starting work then
 we may see the lost vilage at lady bower shortly .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 09:03:29 PM »
I had a text from UU to say they fixed the leak on Lower Fold.  They have still yet to get the leak on the A626 at Seventeen Windows fixed despite acknowledging my report of 12th March.

Hmm, piece on the wireless this evening about the possibility of water saving rules being imminent. "Physician heal thyself."!

mikes

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 09:58:47 PM »
I had a text from UU to say they fixed the leak on Lower Fold.  They have still yet to get the leak on the A626 at Seventeen Windows fixed despite acknowledging my report of 12th March.

mikes

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 02:50:16 PM »
I reported the one on lower fold about a month ago, when it was a trickle, and the one on marple road offerton back in March.  UU are absolutely useless.  Then they have the audacity to put the bills up.

jimblob

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 01:37:49 PM »
Smaller leak on Marple Road approaching traffic lights as Seventeen windows is on your left. I reported it weeks ago to United Utilities and as far as I know water still rising up through the road surface.

amazon

Burst lower fold
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 11:21:33 AM »
Any councilors interested in trying to get united utilities to sort the gushing burst out botom of lower fold its been runing for over a month and now its gushing 6. to seven inches high

they must be thousands  of gallons and hour going to waste .