Marple Glass and Glazing

Linked Events

• Brass for Reubens Retreat: June 29, 2018

Author Topic: Romiley, Marple and District Lions Club Centennial Event [29 June 2018]  (Read 1359 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Posted on behalf of Romiley and Marple Lions:

Romiley and Marple Lions Summer Centennial Event

One of our most recent "recruits" (albeit 78 years of age), Lion Dave McPherson, has liaised  with Romiley Primary School Band to help them raise funds for Reuben's Retreat and it was decided that the Club would hire a suitable venue for them to perform in. Various formats were considered and a "small scale" Christmas event took place in Romiley, raising £300. Since then, other ideas have surfaced and Marple Band have very kindly agreed to join us in planning what promises to be a wonderful concert of music in the Peter Barkworth Theatre, Stockport College, Wellington Road South, on Friday, 29th. June. 

We are currently celebrating the Lions Clubs International Centenary Year and as this date squeezes in before the 30th. June, I am assured that we can class it as a Lions Centennial event. I feel sure that it will live up to such a billing, with Teresa Nickson (our District Governor) and Linda Cresswell (the Zone Chairwoman) attending. It is also hoped that the Mayors of Stockport and High Peak will be able to join us. The children are an incredibly talented group of musicians and Marple Band is one of the best in the business. Dave McPherson now tells me that a local choir, the Varivocals will also be taking part and this should be a night to remember.

Tickets will cost £5 and enquiries can be directed to me.

Kindest regards,

Terry Harding - Welfare Chairman, Romiley Marple and District Lions Club. 0161 330 9494.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website