Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Land for Sale - Behind Brookdale Avenue  (Read 5599 times)

badger

Re: Land for Sale - Behind Brookdale Avenue
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 10:30:25 PM »
The land was originally divided up in 2006 into about 130 plots, one going to a person on Merseyside for £5.500, I know, but all were of varying sizes, so if more people bought plots it's a bit baffling as to how it's now up for sale for £30,000 for the whole lot.

EmmyJane Designs

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 03:17:06 PM »
Did you get anywhere with your offer to buy the land?

It would be lovely for it to have horses grazing and views unspoilt. The countryside around Marple is what makes it so desirable.

topping

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2018, 11:23:26 AM »
Hello,

do anybody on this forum know of a Shamin Ahmed Patel, Carlos Da Camara or Aparna Garg ? i am looking to buy the land behind brookdale however i am NOT looking to build houses on it i wish to purchase it to graze our horses on it so it would not spoil your views however i have found out the land for sale is only a few areas for sale not the whole amount ideally i would like to contact them to see if they either want to sell the land with a no build clause or if they wouldnt mind me using the land and maintaining it so its a nice view for locals and we can graze the horses. if anyone could help that would be great my number is 07721777756 if you have any information

Connor

GM

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 11:29:19 AM »
I think it's actually going to be both of the two fields accessed from the gate near the houses, it's roughly a total of three acres.

No doubt including a substantial uplift clause of 25-50% in the event of any housing development.

So I'd have thought your view would be safe as the cost of the uplift clause would put anyone off.

amazon

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 11:00:28 AM »
Yes, i am aware of that, so thanks for stating the obvious, and i have already stated about getting the neighbours together.
Go for it .think of it as a view for life

GM

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 10:44:42 AM »
The link was pretty sketchy, isn't that the field what was sold off in building plots a few years ago.

Even though there was almost zero chance of ever gaining planning permission?.

ROTHERS

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 09:54:32 AM »
Agreed. The one thing we can be sure of is that if there was planning consent on the site, the advertisers would say so!
I called them (as the website says further details soon), they confirmed, no planning permission. 

ROTHERS

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 09:52:15 AM »
you have no rights to a view.  If you are worried about it then buy the land yourself or with your neighbours, £30k is not a lot of money.  Seems to me that it would good to increase the housing stock in Marple as it has become the go to place to be in south Manchester.
Yes, i am aware of that, so thanks for stating the obvious, and i have already stated about getting the neighbours together.

Dave

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 09:49:41 AM »
For the price that is being asked, it can't have planning permission currently.

Agreed. The one thing we can be sure of is that if there was planning consent on the site, the advertisers would say so!

mikes

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 08:24:59 AM »
For Sale sign on the land that is behind Brookdale Avenue (off Peakdale Avenue).  I hope its not to build houses on, then its x months of noise then my wonderful view down the valley to New Mills and across to mellor golf club will be lost for ever...

you have no rights to a view.  If you are worried about it then buy the land yourself or with your neighbours, £30k is not a lot of money.  Seems to me that it would good to increase the housing stock in Marple as it has become the go to place to be in south Manchester.

Newbie1

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 08:16:06 AM »
It might be worth checking on Stockport Planning Website to see if any planning applications have ever been submitted.

For the price that is being asked, it can't have planning permission currently.

andrewbowden

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 10:41:03 PM »
Cant be a lot at that  price

Land without planning permission to do something is often cheap.
Land with planning permission to do something usually isn't.

ROTHERS

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 09:19:23 PM »
That would be a shame. You and your neighbours should buy it between you and keep the view for yourselves.
strangely, that was something i thought about over dinner..   

Howard

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 08:29:52 PM »
thanks Howard, i really appreciate that comment... as mine will be gone...

That would be a shame. You and your neighbours should buy it between you and keep the view for yourselves.

ROTHERS

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 08:03:05 PM »
If it is houses there will be an amazing view across the valley to Mellor from there.

thanks Howard, i really appreciate that comment... as mine will be gone...