Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Marple Cricket Club  (Read 1537 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: Marple Cricket Club
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »
It's great to see you getting involved with local societies and activities @Steve Gribbon  that are nothing to do with politics.  In the event that you are fortunate enough to be elected and take over from me, I am sure, like me, you will find this far more rewarding than the full council meetings that last till midnight and are full of ideological posturing from all sides!

Thanks Geoff, it was a pleasure to attend this event.

What impresses me about the club is the ability to flex, change and improve where they see fit. The clubhouse is immaculate and both it and the people make you feel that you belong there. It's always good to publish good news stories about where we live and this is exactly one of those.

When I was there it was mentioned to me about a funding issue/query and I will be finding out more, if we can help/assist then it would be fantastic.

Kind regards

Steve 

Newbie1

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 01:33:17 PM »
I am a first time candidate and I have never followed a Local Election so closely before.  I am finding it fascinating.  I would love to be elected as a councillor, but am realistic that this is unlikely to happen.  Will this be due to my political beliefs or my lack of publicising of my good deeds and involvement in community activities however?  If it's due to my politics, that's fine, that's what democracy is all about.  I'm just not sure this will be the case, which worries me.

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 12:17:19 PM »
It's great to see you getting involved with local societies and activities @Steve Gribbon  that are nothing to do with politics.  In the event that you are fortunate enough to be elected and take over from me, I am sure, like me, you will find this far more rewarding than the full council meetings that last till midnight and are full of ideological posturing from all sides!

Steve Gribbon

Marple Cricket Club
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:56:28 AM »
Good morning fellow members

I attended the Chairman's evening at Marple Cricket Club on Saturday evening, it was brilliant family event and as someone who has been bringing our Son here for 3 years I know it is a local club to be very proud of.

During the Chairman's address he paid tribute to the Ladies team as they begin their 1st year in competitive action, the club is run in a fully inclusive manner and welcomes newcomers of all ages and experiences to come along and have a go. They also have squash courts and run table tennis sessions.

A club official spoke to me about looking into helping them with a funding issue which of course I am more than happy to do.

This is fantastic club for our community, safe and welcoming at all times to everyone, you do not have to be a member to enjoy a drink or a bite to eat. Please come along and you will be treated well as we have every time we have been.

This is another local project I am involved in, we are very fortunate to live in an area where facilities like this exist to such an excellent standard.

I have posted a link to a picture of the evening, the people on the picture were very pleased that it may be used to promote the club.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon