Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Footpaths  (Read 10527 times)

CTCREP

Footpaths
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 06:34:27 PM »
I have started a new topic as footpaths cover a wide area of interest.  It has resulted from efforts I have made to get the route through Brabyns Park acceptable for ordinary pedestrians, the need for a pedestrian footbridge over the river Etherow at Compstall, and the lack of maintenance of Etherow Country Park.

In all these issues the Council’s fall back excuse is lack of money.

Last year the track between Roman Bridge and Strines became excessively muddy for about 100 yards. It needed renovation.

The Council’s response is totally beyond what was necessary. The renovation is still going on. It now extends from the original problem to continue along the track and across the Roman Bridge
 (presumably the bridge itself isn’t affected) and then up to the Strines Rd.

I suggest anyone who has complained about muddy footpaths should take a look, but be prepared. Presumably in Stockport MBC's opinion this is a high priority footpath and yet they do not ensure the contractors provide a satisfactory route around the workings.  If you are able to make your way through -  we did when walking from Strines to Roman Lakes, but it did entail crossing a very muddy field and then climbing a wall - you will be astounded at what has been done.  Anyone interested in the Middlewood Way should certainly take a look and demand the Middlewood Way be brought up to the same standard.

I would go so far as to suggest this renovation could be a misuse of public money.

For information, I believe the money came from a Flood Relief Fund. I find it difficult to understand how the Council can consider the work that has been undertaken should have taken priority over, for example, the flood affected footpaths in Etherow Country Park and where part of the Park has been inaccessible for over a year.

[attachment deleted by admin]