A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Grit Bins  (Read 1772 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: Grit Bins
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 01:17:47 PM »
  what are the grit bins for footpaths or roads or personal use . footpaths at home etc

Hello Amazon

The council website states that the grit is for use on public rights of way and roads, not for on a personal drive or footpath.

I'm happy to provide the link to this information if you wish.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

amazon

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 12:36:17 PM »
Good evening 'Marple Members'

I've been out campaigning in Marple Bridge and someone mentioned their yellow grit bin has gone. The weather is by all accounts getting colder again so I'm going to make enquiries to get it back.

If you used to have one on your Road and feel it would be of benefit to have it reinstated can you let me know and I will send a blanket message into the Council.

As much as I'm a Councillor Candidate for Marple North, this is for all the area as safety is paramount. It may be that some/all are not possible but like anything in life if it's worth trying for then it's worth the effort. I will send the email tomorrow afternoon, there have already been several requests so a fair list is building.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon
Lib Dems Candidate for Marple North
  what are the grit bins for footpaths or roads or personal use . footpaths at home etc

mikes

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 11:13:05 AM »
I could have done with one of those bins outside my house to help get my car up my drive before I replaced the tyres with Michelin Cross Climates.  Since then I have not had any problem with snow.  It is time we learnt that summer tyres are worse than useless in the snow and should change to winter or all season for the winter.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 10:07:55 AM »
Checked the one on Cross Lane / Buxton Lane this morning @Steve Gribbon - all in good order and full of grit!

Thanks for letting me know Mark. There has been a fair size reply to this so I will see what I can do to help and get any replaced.

Kind regards

Steve

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 09:05:56 AM »
Checked the one on Cross Lane / Buxton Lane this morning @Steve Gribbon - all in good order and full of grit!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Steve Gribbon

Grit Bins
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 07:48:45 PM »
Good evening 'Marple Members'

I've been out campaigning in Marple Bridge and someone mentioned their yellow grit bin has gone. The weather is by all accounts getting colder again so I'm going to make enquiries to get it back.

If you used to have one on your Road and feel it would be of benefit to have it reinstated can you let me know and I will send a blanket message into the Council.

As much as I'm a Councillor Candidate for Marple North, this is for all the area as safety is paramount. It may be that some/all are not possible but like anything in life if it's worth trying for then it's worth the effort. I will send the email tomorrow afternoon, there have already been several requests so a fair list is building.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon
Lib Dems Candidate for Marple North

[attachment deleted by admin]