Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: State of Compstall Road  (Read 3866 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: State of Compstall Road
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 07:39:13 PM »
Good luck election time I am on postal

Many thanks Amazon

Kind regards

Steve

amazon

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 03:07:47 PM »
Thanks for your reply Amazon

Matters like this are the exact reason I'm standing, they are important to a lot of people and this includes myself having lived here for 15 years.

I shall take a look at grids when I go over there, thanks for bringing this up.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon
Good luck election time iam on postall

Steve Gribbon

Re: State of Compstall Road-Video
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 02:50:42 PM »
Hello whoever reads this

Further to the recent discussion on Compstall Road, here is the video I mentioned about making highlighting the issues that need addressing.

Please be aware that I appreciate this isn't the only road in need of attention, but it is the only one that has also had calls from residents for a pedestrian crossing which is why I have done the video here. As per a previous video I made, I want to be proactive, not reactive to an issue.

Kind regards and thank you for watching.

Steve Gribbon

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »
Thank you for your concern .There is allso a lack of grid s at the top section of compstall road on the side thats in bad condition if you walk up you will find theres on on bottom glossop road .then a big gap down comp road .

Thanks for your reply Amazon

Matters like this are the exact reason I'm standing, they are important to a lot of people and this includes myself having lived here for 15 years.

I shall take a look at grids when I go over there, thanks for bringing this up.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

amazon

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 04:27:00 PM »
Good afternoon

I agree that Compstall Road is need of sorting, not just with potholes but also as people having reported that the road is breaking up and loose chippings are becoming more evident. I was canvassing/campaigning on Ernocroft and several families have stated a concern in a lack of pedestrian crossing to the bus stop outside the Northumberland and I think it's a fair point.

I'm going to do a video on Compstall in the next few days highlighting these issues. I'm not one for false economy so if a full repair can be done then I'd like it (if elected in the May elections of course) to be done in one go rather than the Council returning to do more at a later date. It's a busy road and tricky to cross, it deserves attention to bring it up to speed (no pun intended).

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon
Thank you for your concern .There is allso a lack of grid s at the top section of compstall road on the side thats in bad condition if you walk up you will find theres on on bottom glossop road .then a big gap down comp road .

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 01:44:38 PM »
They  are beyond potholes the whole section needs doing .

Good afternoon

I agree that Compstall Road is need of sorting, not just with potholes but also as people having reported that the road is breaking up and loose chippings are becoming more evident. I was canvassing/campaigning on Ernocroft and several families have stated a concern in a lack of pedestrian crossing to the bus stop outside the Northumberland and I think it's a fair point.

I'm going to do a video on Compstall in the next few days highlighting these issues. I'm not one for false economy so if a full repair can be done then I'd like it (if elected in the May elections of course) to be done in one go rather than the Council returning to do more at a later date. It's a busy road and tricky to cross, it deserves attention to bring it up to speed (no pun intended).

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

amazon

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 10:32:25 AM »
Like any council, there are a lot of roads to monitor.  The council will be helped by local people giving it insight into the condition of the roads.

You can report potholes to the council online
https://www.stockport.gov.uk/start/pot-hole-and-tripping-hazard-report

My partner reported a quite bad pothole at the junction of Stockport Road and Station Road on Thursday.  On Friday I went past it at 2:50 on my way to pick up our son from school.  At 3:20 when we passed by it again, it had been filled in.
They  are beyond potholes the whole section needs doing .

andrewbowden

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 10:35:03 PM »
Like any council, there are a lot of roads to monitor.  The council will be helped by local people giving it insight into the condition of the roads.

You can report potholes to the council online
https://www.stockport.gov.uk/start/pot-hole-and-tripping-hazard-report

My partner reported a quite bad pothole at the junction of Stockport Road and Station Road on Thursday.  On Friday I went past it at 2:50 on my way to pick up our son from school.  At 3:20 when we passed by it again, it had been filled in. 

mikes

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 10:23:19 PM »
       Still nothing done the whole section needs resurfacing from spring gardens up to Glossop road on one side .

This applies to virtually all the roads around here.  Virtually every road has a pothole every few feet.  The council could have a team permanently driving every road in the borough for a few years to fix all the potholes.

amazon

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 02:36:50 PM »
Hello Mike

There is a link on the Stockport Council website, I hope this is of help should you have potholes that need attention.

https://interactive.stockport.gov.uk/verintotf/potholes/01-What.aspx

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon.
       Still nothing done the whole section needs resurfacing from spring gardens up to Glossop road on one side .

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 10:56:44 AM »
What about all the other roads around here that have pot holes?  When are they going to be repaired?

Hello Mike

There is a link on the Stockport Council website, I hope this is of help should you have potholes that need attention.

https://interactive.stockport.gov.uk/verintotf/potholes/01-What.aspx

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon.

amazon

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 08:13:48 PM »
Hello Amazon

Just to inform you that I have opened this as an issue with the Council for you. A reference has been sent to me so when I have further details I will post accordingly.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon
Lib Dems Councillor Candidate 2018
Thank you .

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 06:13:48 PM »
What about all the other roads around here that have pot holes?  When are they going to be repaired?
Probably not until the electorate open their eyes and demand one (or both) of the only two electable Westminster parties commit to an income tax rise - 2% on each rate band should be a start. There isn't any other option if we want decent health, education and transport in 21st century UK....

RH.

mikes

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 05:38:04 PM »

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 02:45:24 PM »
Hi geoff just change subject compstall road from or that area from Spring gardens is in a terible state  its all bracking up and most of it has ended up on the footpath .patching does not seem to be the answer .can the arange for someone to have a look at this section . Thank you .

Hello Amazon

Just to inform you that I have opened this as an issue with the Council for you. A reference has been sent to me so when I have further details I will post accordingly.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon
Lib Dems Councillor Candidate 2018