RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: CCTV Cameras Compstall  (Read 5164 times)

andrewbowden

Re: CCTV Cameras Compstall
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:38:19 PM »
As that's a closed Facebook group, I can't see the comments.  Equally I don't live in Compstall, don't know where the perception of crime apparently is.

But looking at the Greater Manchester crime map, Compstall hardly seems to be a hotbed of crime.
https://www.police.uk/greater-manchester/JC25/crime/

In November, there were a handful of crimes reported.  Less than 10.  October was similar.  August was pretty bad in comparison.  July almost non-existent.

Of all the places in Stockport, I can't imagine Compstall will ever be up there in the priority list for CCTV.  And to be blunt, I'm struggling to imagine how the benefits would ever outweigh the costs.  The data - the raw data, rather than public perception (which is frequently wrong) - doesn't appear to back it up. 

Unless the people of Compstall are planning to fund it themselves? 

Steve Gribbon

CCTV Cameras Compstall
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 01:26:38 PM »
Hello site members

I have been approached by a Compstall resident about looking into having CCTV cameras installed to aid in potential crime information gathering and to act as a physical deterrent. Personally I think this is an excellent idea, and a fair number have given support to it on a Facebook link, please see below. I'm no Bill gates so this could be a 'copy and paste' link I'm afraid.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1375714712736280/

This is in its very early stages and one thing I can't do is promise it will happen, but I will promise I will do what I can to help. In my 'CV' for a Councillor position in the forthcoming elections I did state that I wanted to see a reduction in crime in the area, and this is the sort of initiative I believe could help.

Any suggestions/opinions/concerns regarding the possibility of cameras would be most welcome and we will collate all feedback before seeing how to proceed. Please feel free to have your say, and you can message me directly on this site should you wish to air a view but not in public, anything done this way will be done confidentially.

Thanks for reading this, I look forward to reading any posted opinions.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon
Lib Dems Councillor Candidate 2018 (my candidate details are on this site).