Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Hi from Spain  (Read 4089 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Hi from Spain
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 09:03:50 AM »
Got it! I was searching for "Boys" not "Lads"

Marple Church Brigade Lads c1950
This photo of the Church Lads Brigade (CLB) and Junior Training Corps (JTC) was taken in the old Parish Hall on Chadwick St. The company was attached to All Saints' Church. Names we know are added to the comments. Can you help fill the gaps? Provided by Alan McFall.

CLB back row L to R:Bob Smith, Brian Morfee, Ray Taylor, unknown.
CLB middle row L to R: David Seymour(?), Barry Shaw, Keith Barber, unknown.
JTC: of the 5 younger lads on right (with ties) the middle one at the front is Bob Ingham and the one behind him may be a Bradbury (son of the Market St Cobbler), the others are not known.
Can you help identify anyone better?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

smorfee

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 07:22:59 AM »
The photo ti's a black and. White it names people underneath and my dad is mentioned
Moved to Spain Spain when I retired in 2012 only 59 now though

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 06:35:29 AM »
Can you describe which photo your dad features in @smorfee?

He is not tagged in the captions but can certainly be added if you can identify the right photo / person.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 08:46:40 PM »
Hi I. Lived in Marple as a child my grandparents were Arthur and lavinia morfee my parents Brian and Margery. My dad features in a photo of the boys brigade in the site. We lived at FAywood drive and at 12 Hibbert and Lane.  My grandparents lived at Fern close. Grandad had a printing shop Morfee and son
Was the printing shop in marple .jf so anyone have photos

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 08:00:15 PM »
Hi Smorfee,

Lovely to hear from you. I haven't lived in Marple long enough to know your family or the shop but it is always nice to hear from former residents. What took you to Spain and how long have you been there?

RH.

smorfee

Hi from Spain
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 01:06:58 PM »
Hi I. Lived in Marple as a child my grandparents were Arthur and Lavinia Morfee my parents Brian and Margery. My dad features in a photo of the boys brigade in the site. We lived at Faywood Drive and at 12 Hibbert Lane.  My grandparents lived at Fern Close. Grandad had a printing shop Morfee and son.