RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Steve Gribbon: LibDem Candidate for Marple North  (Read 24451 times)

Lily

Re: Steve Gribbon: LibDem Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2018, 04:44:25 PM »
Thank you, Steve, for all you have done so far regarding Otterspool Road.
I realise that the road is too narrow to put in a wider footpath towards the traffic lights.
The only real answer would be to do like they have done on Dan Bank and actually take some of the land on the upper side, put in a retaining wall, and then make the footpath wider.
We can dream!

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 03:36:44 PM »

You're absolutely right Amazon. I've reported the drainage channel on the Council website, and all being well this will be looked at very soon but needs constant attention. From this I am still pushing for the verges to be sorted and made safe, I really appreciate your support with this issue.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon 

amazon

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 03:19:15 PM »
Good morning Amazon, always good to hear from you. I think the pathway running from the traffic lights towards the garden centre is going to be very tricky to widen. Seeing as it's a single path route I think that the safer it can be the better, getting rid of any mud build up would certainly (in my view) only help pedestrians.

Kind regards I remember the gully and grid being installed a very good while ago it used to be a very dry path then the water ran down the grid no problems .

Steve Gribbon.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 09:35:29 AM »
ROAD not wide enough to make footpath wider

Good morning Amazon, always good to hear from you. I think the pathway running from the traffic lights towards the garden centre is going to be very tricky to widen. Seeing as it's a single path route I think that the safer it can be the better, getting rid of any mud build up would certainly (in my view) only help pedestrians.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon.

amazon

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 02:12:30 PM »
Hi Steve,

As you know from my posting in the thread about Otterspool Road I think the footpath needs widening all the way up to the traffic lights at the bottom of Dan Bank (as other people have also agreed with). After all, once you are past the very muddy section with the grass verge, the path then narrows down considerably so you feel you have no protection from passing traffic.

You mentioned in your video about the lovely canopy of trees as you head towards the lights. Have you looked properly at the trees on the upper side of the road? In my opinion many of them need attention as they are in danger of falling across the road - putting all footpath and road users at risk.  I’m not saying to remove them but to manage them.

I know lots of people objected, loudly, about the removal of trees on Dan Bank when the road was widened. Again, in my opinion, this has made a massive positive difference.

While on the subject of Dan Bank. I always understood that the very top section of the footpath would eventually be widened. Is this ever going to happen?

Regards and thanks for reading (and listening).

Lily
ROAD not wide enough to make footpath wider

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 10:20:53 AM »
Hi Steve,

As you know from my posting in the thread about Otterspool Road I think the footpath needs widening all the way up to the traffic lights at the bottom of Dan Bank (as other people have also agreed with). After all, once you are past the very muddy section with the grass verge, the path then narrows down considerably so you feel you have no protection from passing traffic.

You mentioned in your video about the lovely canopy of trees as you head towards the lights. Have you looked properly at the trees on the upper side of the road? In my opinion many of them need attention as they are in danger of falling across the road - putting all footpath and road users at risk.  I’m not saying to remove them but to manage them.

I know lots of people objected, loudly, about the removal of trees on Dan Bank when the road was widened. Again, in my opinion, this has made a massive positive difference.

While on the subject of Dan Bank. I always understood that the very top section of the footpath would eventually be widened. Is this ever going to happen?

Lily

Good morning Lily

Thanks for your message, I appreciate your getting involved in this.

Regarding the trees, it has been mentioned to me a couple of days ago that they may need managing so I intend to have a walk down a see for myself, when I have done this I will be in touch and see how this can be progressed if need be.

I was at the Marple Area Committee a few years ago when ex Lib Dems Councillor Craig Wright explained the tree situation on Dan Bank and how in the long term it would benefit the drop down to the traffic lights and he was correct in his statement.

The pavement situation as with the trees is there for scrutiny. I will speak to people who deal with paths, roads etc and report back when I have something, hopefully this will not be too long but I will do the email to the correct department this morning.

I hope this is ok for you for now.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon.

Lily

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 09:24:54 AM »
Hi Steve,

Lily

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 09:57:33 PM »
Although I don’t live in Marple North it’s good to see a candidate actually trying to get a grip of local issues, and there are plenty, so good on you Steve.

Re the video on Otterspool Road: in my opinion (and others) that verge doesn’t need a soakaway, it just needs removing and the whole pavement widened so that people can actually use it.

In a similar vein, a focus on making footpaths and public rights of way usable would be very welcome, there are so many in Marple North that are practically impassable with mud and erosion. For Marple’s main attraction, the towpath down the locks continues to deteriorate too; yet no one ever puts pressure or encouragement on Canal & River Trust to bring it up to standard (or find funding to do so).

Good evening RSH

Many thanks for your positive comments, they are appreciated. I'm all for suggestions on how we can look at improvements so whilst I have my own idea about what is needed on Otterspool any suggestions on upgrades and making areas safer for us are welcome.

I think your statement about pathways and walkways has real merit. I will speak to the Lib Dems office in the morning and see if anything historical has been done and can be chased up, so if you can bear with me I will be in touch and let you know, especially about the towpath situation.

Kind regards and thanks again

Steve

rsh

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 08:53:36 PM »
Although I don’t live in Marple North it’s good to see a candidate actually trying to get a grip of local issues, and there are plenty, so good on you Steve.

Re the video on Otterspool Road: in my opinion (and others) that verge doesn’t need a soakaway, it just needs removing and the whole pavement widened so that people can actually use it.

In a similar vein, a focus on making footpaths and public rights of way usable would be very welcome, there are so many in Marple North that are practically impassable with mud and erosion. For Marple’s main attraction, the towpath down the locks continues to deteriorate too; yet no one ever puts pressure or encouragement on Canal & River Trust to bring it up to standard (or find funding to do so).

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 06:07:13 PM »
Hello again site members

I'd like to provide an update on areas I've been involved in during my candidacy for Marple North. I would of course welcome any feedback, I'm here to represent the community I live in and am all for open debate.

In the time of my candidacy campaigning I've knocked on over 1100 doors and spoke to numerous people both on the phone and by email. I've been made very welcome by many people and this is testimony to the area we live in. I will be doing the same right up until the elections but if you have something you would like to discuss then please email me on the address stated below.

I have actively been involved in:

Helping getting car park charge increases stopped in Marple;

Getting a portable speed information camera which when positioned has already helped slow people down;

I have met and phoned several unfortunate victims of crime to offer support;

Residents have spoke to me about getting pavements cleared of moss etc and I have had this carried out;

I am still actively pursuing CCTV in Compstall and have updated the residents on progress;

I have contacted the Police to request far more vehicle patrols around our area, especially at evening time;

I have identified a hazard on Otterspool Road and with help of others I am trying to get the muddy verges both made safe and stopped from being an eyesore

The traffic congestion issue is still a huge problem and I am in contact with a website which deals with car share schemes and I have emailed Transport for Greater Manchester regarding an improvement in our services, both bus and rail.

As per my previous update, I am still really enjoying my candidacy and am driven in getting improvements into our area. I appreciate that I may not please everyone with my efforts and I understand that some feel more important tasks are to be done. Should I get the Councillor position I can start looking at more in depth work, but for now I am proud of the work I am doing, the amount of people I am meeting and most proud of having the chance to represent the area I am local to and love to live in.

As per my original introduction, I am a firm believer in being positive about myself rather than looking for negatives in others and their chosen party or political beliefs. This has not changed. I want to run a successful and respectful campaign.

Thanks for reading this.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon.   
Email-stevegribbonlibdems@gmail.com

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 06:46:48 PM »
Hi Amazon

I do hope you vote that way of course! I would never want to check, I would take your word for it and respect your voting decision but I do appreciate your support.

Kind regards

Steve

amazon

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 09:57:56 PM »
Hello Amazon, thanks for this message and if I am reading it correctly it says that 'new Councillors seem to disappear'? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well if I can add to my remarks I would like to say that I have been out since September knocking on doors and introducing myself to residents, and my meeting people involved as a victim of crime can go back further than that. I've no intention of disappearing, I enjoy my time on here and have no problem in replying to people. I read this site and other local issue sites every day to see where help can be given and to keep up to speed with local matters.
A good example of not disappearing is Councillor Malcolm Allan who has worked tirelessly in helping getting The Northumberland Arms up and running, and has acted as spokesperson for the Pub on television. The only thing Malcolm hasn't done is post it on here, but his actions speak louder than words. 
I hope this reply helps you in your thinking, and I also hope the pathways recently cleared near your house are also still clear and safe after our recent communication?

Kind regards and thanks for being in touch

Steve Gribbon

Ido vote lib dem steve you can check if you want

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 10:57:05 PM »
        you new if elected councllors seam to sort of disapear .

Hello Amazon, thanks for this message and if I am reading it correctly it says that 'new Councillors seem to disappear'? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well if I can add to my remarks I would like to say that I have been out since September knocking on doors and introducing myself to residents, and my meeting people involved as a victim of crime can go back further than that. I've no intention of disappearing, I enjoy my time on here and have no problem in replying to people. I read this site and other local issue sites every day to see where help can be given and to keep up to speed with local matters.
A good example of not disappearing is Councillor Malcolm Allan who has worked tirelessly in helping getting The Northumberland Arms up and running, and has acted as spokesperson for the Pub on television. The only thing Malcolm hasn't done is post it on here, but his actions speak louder than words. 
I hope this reply helps you in your thinking, and I also hope the pathways recently cleared near your house are also still clear and safe after our recent communication?

Kind regards and thanks for being in touch

Steve Gribbon

amazon

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 09:28:37 PM »
Hello Site members

A quick update regarding issues I've been involved in for Marple North:

Traffic congestion-not an easy one as we all know but I have recently been away and seen an excellent 'car sharing' initiative. It's amazing how many cars at peak times just carry 1 person. I have been in contact with the people who created the car sharing scheme to find out how it is monitored and to see how/if it could work over here.

Police-Unfortunately crime is happening in our area (it isn't just us of course, I'm aware other places have far worse crime rates than us), I have visited a shop and some residents who have been the victims of crime to see how help can be given and just to check on their wellbeing, and have met and emailed the local PCSO's regarding this matter, and others such a youth issues in autumn. I have also been dealing with a potential installation of CCTV in Compstall (details are on this site) and will inform and update whenever possible.

Street cleaning-It has been mentioned that pavements and sidewalks are getting slippery with moss, I have been in touch with the Council over areas requested for inspection and cleaning has taken place where deemed necessary.

Canvassing/campaigning-with the elections coming up in May I have been out as much as possible meeting people, mostly up Stockport Road and the adjoining side roads, and recently around Bonnington Rise. My intention is to get to as many places and people as possible in Marple North, and I am also in the process of setting up 'meet and greets' in Compstall and Mellor.

Whilst at present I am a candidate and not a full Councillor, I am thoroughly enjoying this role and take great satisfaction with helping people.

Thanks for reading this, and please be in touch if you have any questions, queries or would like to meet. 

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon
        you new if elected councllors seam to sort of disapear .

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 03:48:34 PM »
Hello Site members

A quick update regarding issues I've been involved in for Marple North:

Traffic congestion-not an easy one as we all know but I have recently been away and seen an excellent 'car sharing' initiative. It's amazing how many cars at peak times just carry 1 person. I have been in contact with the people who created the car sharing scheme to find out how it is monitored and to see how/if it could work over here.

Police-Unfortunately crime is happening in our area (it isn't just us of course, I'm aware other places have far worse crime rates than us), I have visited a shop and some residents who have been the victims of crime to see how help can be given and just to check on their wellbeing, and have met and emailed the local PCSO's regarding this matter, and others such a youth issues in autumn. I have also been dealing with a potential installation of CCTV in Compstall (details are on this site) and will inform and update whenever possible.

Street cleaning-It has been mentioned that pavements and sidewalks are getting slippery with moss, I have been in touch with the Council over areas requested for inspection and cleaning has taken place where deemed necessary.

Canvassing/campaigning-with the elections coming up in May I have been out as much as possible meeting people, mostly up Stockport Road and the adjoining side roads, and recently around Bonnington Rise. My intention is to get to as many places and people as possible in Marple North, and I am also in the process of setting up 'meet and greets' in Compstall and Mellor.

Whilst at present I am a candidate and not a full Councillor, I am thoroughly enjoying this role and take great satisfaction with helping people.

Thanks for reading this, and please be in touch if you have any questions, queries or would like to meet. 

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon