Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Who are the Candidates for Local Councillor in May 2018?  (Read 13900 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: Who are the Candidates for Local Councillor in May 2018?
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 11:04:42 PM »
Good evening Simone (or is it Simon E?, forgive me for any incorrect name attempt)

I'm the fireman you've not heard of before which is fair comment, and the reason why I have introduced myself on this site. I see you have a broad range of criticisms for our area and for local politics. As I said on my introductory page I won't get involved in negative comments for reasons I have stated, but I am more than happy to speak to you should you wish, or can meet you to discuss your concerns.

We must agree to disagree in that I feel Marple is a fantastic place to live, perhaps we can be in communication to see where things can improve? The offer is genuinely there for you, I am all for people speaking with passion.

Kind regards and best wishes over Christmas

Steve Gribbon.

simonesaffron

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 10:27:11 PM »
As far as Marple is concerned and long as we are in the grip of party politics, It doesn't really matter who wins the council seat. Some fireman we've never heard of, or a woman called Yvonne.

Unless an independent candidate presents between now and next May, I for one, won't be voting. Thankfully, I spend a lot of time abroad these days but whenever I return to Marple, I see the same old thing: More traffic, more ill- thought-out houses, more air pollution, more blocked drains, more dog fouling, more strangers moving in, more good people moving out. What exactly do local councillors do these days?

I was walking down Station Road last week and I saw a local councillor ( I won't name him)physically sweeping leaves up. Is that the most productive use of a local councillor's time?       

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 07:48:00 AM »
Just for information, here are the results of Marple North and Marple South Wards in 2016:

Marple North for full details visit: http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgElectionAreaResults.aspx?XXR=0&ID=643&RPID=13019997

Marple South and High Lane for full details visit: http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgElectionAreaResults.aspx?XXR=0&ID=644&RPID=13020003

I've heard that Sheila Townsend is to stand again for Labour in Marple South and High Lane but this is unconfirmed at present.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 05:31:21 AM »
LibDem Candidate for Marple North Steve Gribbon has now posted a more detailed introduction about himself in this thread:

Steve Gribbon: Candidate for Marple North Ward

Yvonne Collier has been in touch to say that she is standing as the Conservative candidate for Marple South & High Lane.

Yvonne had already registered as a user @yvonnecollier and will hopefully post her own introduction in due course.

All candidates will be treated the same by the forum administration and given the same opportunity and technical support (if needed) to represent themselves on here.

Each candidate will be given a separate thread when they introduce themselves and can post in any other threads they wish, or start new ones.

Obviously regular users are likely to post based on their political beliefs but whatever those are please keep your comments polite and do your best to be positive rather than negative. Anything considered abusive will be removed by the administrators.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Who are the Candidates for Local Councillor in May 2018?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 04:21:03 PM »
This section of the forum, originally set-up for the 2016 elections, has been re-badged in preparation for the Councillor Elections in May 2018.

So who are the candidates for the two places  - one in Marple North and one in Marple South & High Lane - that are up for grabs next May?

We have one candidate for Marple North who has just declared himself on the forum, and that's LibDem @Steve Gribbon .

If you know any of the other candidates for Marple North or Marple South & High Lane please let us know so that their details can be promoted too.

If you're a candidate, then why not register on the forum and tell us all about yourself too.

Current councillors @TomDowseMarpleSouth @Malcolm Allan @CllrKennyBlair and@CllrGeoffAbell - anything you can tell us, or point your colleagues here to introduce themselves please.

I don't know if @JohnBates is standing again - but feel free to tell us what you know John!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website