RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: codeclub.org.uk  (Read 1487 times)

vikkio

Re: codeclub.org.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 10:36:43 AM »
this is really interesting, I am a software developer, and I will be interested into teaching this. I have no experience in teaching though I dont know how good I would be.

andrewbowden

Re: codeclub.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 01:19:00 PM »
Hi Lisa

I can't definitely say yes, because with a five year old and a one year old in the family, evenings can be a bit chaotic.  So it would depend a bit on days, times, etc.

But Code Club's an absolutely brilliant thing, and I said a while ago that it's something I'd like to get involved with if I could.

Lisa Oldham

codeclub.org.uk
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 12:21:59 PM »
I've not looked into this yet as in early stages of considering but wanted to see if anyone was interested in joining me.

I've run a very successful after school Codeclub at Ludworth primary since codeclub started in 2012 for kids in year 5 and 6.  We are now a Star club, used as an example for media interests and for those who are interested in starting their own clubs.

However the problem has always been finding other volunteers who are available after school.  I've had regular support but for much of the time there has only been 2 of us dealing with about 20 odd kids and recently just me, though with reduced numbers( but loads want to join)

I'm wondering if I looked into doing a club externally ( the obvious place being the library but not checked if possible yet)and later on in the evening would others be willing to help.   Its quite binding having to be there every week and would be good to share the load as well as open it up to other kids in the area.   

I believe 5 years of running the club ( following a curriculum set by Codeclub https://www.codeclub.org.uk/  ) has given me a good idea on how to set it up so that kids have a wail of a time - but learn and behave well - and adults find it easy to run ,enjoyable and rewarding.  However also looking to get some more tech expertise so that we can extend further than we are able at the moment.

So.. anyone up for it before I take it further?