Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Water Leak at Dan Bank  (Read 1969 times)

jimblob

Re: Water Leak at Dan Bank
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2022, 08:36:01 AM »
They were informed by SMBC that because of potential traffic issues only one could be carried out at a time so they were given the choice of which to prioritise and stuck with what had already been put in place.

First time I've been aware that Stockport Council are concerned about "traffic issues"

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2022, 09:23:35 PM »
Thanks Steve.  I won't judge on whether Town Street vs Dan Bank is the better choice, but it seems like a sensible call to only have one set of works at once.  I'm sure many of us have experienced the fun of when Station Road's been dug up in the past after all.  The repercussions can be quite far reaching.

Thanks Andrew, happy to help.

I would have preferred to see the Dan Bank situation sorted first but as long as they are both done as now planned then hopefully it will bring the matters to a close. I do agree about the traffic work, having both at the same time could have been awful.

Kind regards

Steve

andrewbowden

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2022, 04:42:24 PM »
Hi Andrew

I have been speaking to both SMBC and UU regarding this matter. The reason for the postponement is because UU have multi signal work already programmed in for Town Street over the same period. They were informed by SMBC that because of potential traffic issues only one could be carried out at a time so they were given the choice of which to prioritise and stuck with what had already been put in place.

I hope this clarifies the present situation, should I receive any more information I will of course update on here and other local channels

Thanks Steve.  I won't judge on whether Town Street vs Dan Bank is the better choice, but it seems like a sensible call to only have one set of works at once.  I'm sure many of us have experienced the fun of when Station Road's been dug up in the past after all.  The repercussions can be quite far reaching.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2022, 03:36:05 PM »
But did you actually ask or find out why the permit was refused?

Just thinking outloud of reasons there could be a refusal.  Like United Utilities filled in the form wrong?  Sent it to the wrong place?  Didn't fill it in time?  Put the wrong address on it?

I know you have anti council bias, but are you absolutely sure United Utilities aren't to blame on their permit being refused?

Hi Andrew

I have been speaking to both SMBC and UU regarding this matter. The reason for the postponement is because UU have multi signal work already programmed in for Town Street over the same period. They were informed by SMBC that because of potential traffic issues only one could be carried out at a time so they were given the choice of which to prioritise and stuck with what had already been put in place.

I hope this clarifies the present situation, should I receive any more information I will of course update on here and other local channels

Kind regards

Steve

jimblob

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2022, 03:28:06 PM »
So your immediate response is the Council are hopeless.  I get it.  You hate, loathe and despise the roads department.  Convinced their a bunch of useless brain dead morons.  That's clear by your other posts.  Fine.  Whatever.
hate and loathe are strong words @andrewbowden and words I have never used, nor might I add, have I used words like morons or phrases like brain dead. Any criticisms I have made, and I accept, there have been many, have been based on strong evidence and a common theme where repeatedly, highly paid council officers have gone out of their way to manipulate data to suit their own agenda or to cover mistakes rather than admit to them and correct them. And when I'm contributing to footing the bill through increased taxation, it hurts!

andrewbowden

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2022, 03:00:23 PM »
Well what a surprise... UU just called and the repair has been pushed back a week from the 25th to the following Friday....
Why I hear you cry?...

because Stockport Council refused their permit...

Stockport council need sacking or at the very least holding to account...! I thought that's what councillors were for?

So your immediate response is the Council are hopeless.  I get it.  You hate, loathe and despise the roads department.  Convinced their a bunch of useless brain dead morons.  That's clear by your other posts.  Fine.  Whatever.

But did you actually ask or find out why the permit was refused?

Just thinking outloud of reasons there could be a refusal.  Like United Utilities filled in the form wrong?  Sent it to the wrong place?  Didn't fill it in time?  Put the wrong address on it?

I know you have anti council bias, but are you absolutely sure United Utilities aren't to blame on their permit being refused?

jimblob

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2022, 02:12:37 PM »
Well what a surprise... UU just called and the repair has been pushed back a week from the 25th to the following Friday....
Why I hear you cry?...

because Stockport Council refused their permit...

Stockport council need sacking or at the very least holding to account...! I thought that's what councillors were for?

jimblob

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2022, 07:07:58 PM »
The UU escalations team have just called me and the scheduled date for the fix is next Friday (25th) the work being done overnight. If this changes they'll let me know, which is highly likely because unfortunately, our incompetent friends at Stockport highways are involved!

jimblob

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2022, 01:36:04 PM »
Today was the sixth time I spoke to UU regarding this matter.
Kind regards

Steve
It doesn't appear to be working!

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 03:33:11 PM »
UU called me yesterday on this because I have escalated it with them on the basis of the scandalous amount of water being wasted and the subsurface damaged to the road itself. Apparently, the issue now is byassing the leak because they'll have to cut supplies to a lot of users otherwiseduring the repair. Personally, I'm appalled that this has gone on so long and that UU are more concerned about their reputation than wasting millions of gallons of water. There is still no date scheduled for the repair and I can't believe our councillors haven't been on this as a priority!

Today was the sixth time I spoke to UU regarding this matter. Waste of water such as this is totally unnecessary and became a priority from the moment I became aware of it, not just for the water wastage but also the potential road damage that could be being caused. I have also updated local sites whenever possible regarding the issue.

Kind regards

Steve

GM

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 01:07:39 PM »
I'm guessing it's all flowing into the goyt, just a shame it's the wrong side of wyvale.

Atleast then the wasted water would contribute a tiny bit to the Stockport hydro!.

jimblob

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 01:04:20 PM »
I'm sure if I wasted this much water I'd be charged for it on my water meter or fined!  so in principle yes, they should be fined... problem though, who pays the fine.... it gets passed onto the customer in their prices!

GM

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 12:56:21 PM »
Aren't they fined in relation to how much fails to get to the customer ?.

I'm sure I remember Thames water loosing something like 50% of all water until they started getting fined for such waste.

jimblob

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 12:53:41 PM »
UU called me yesterday on this because I have escalated it with them on the basis of the scandalous amount of water being wasted and the subsurface damaged to the road itself. Apparently, the issue now is byassing the leak because they'll have to cut supplies to a lot of users otherwiseduring the repair. Personally, I'm appalled that this has gone on so long and that UU are more concerned about their reputation than wasting millions of gallons of water. There is still no date scheduled for the repair and I can't believe our councillors haven't been on this as a priority!

GM

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 10:07:09 AM »
Oh the irony if the marker paint is water soluble