Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Marple Carnival road closure application submitted to Stockport MBC for 16-6-18  (Read 2699 times)

amazon

Maybe they turned her down  ;)
Never thought of that

Howard

Henrietta said a few years ago she was going to help organise the carnival .

Maybe they turned her down  ;)

amazon

NIMBYism at its finest...
Henrietta said a few years ago she was going to help organise the carnival .

Howard

NIMBYism at its finest...

Jay

I live on the route also but why would anyone object to the road being closed for an hour at the most? Get out of your car and walk!

andrewbowden

I live in the route myself.  There was a slight clash of schedules caused due to the carnival coinciding with a birthday party my son was attending.  And that meant some prep for the drive home.  It was fine.  No Biggie.

It's once a year.  It's not that major.  It's a great thing for the town.  Yeah it probably annoyed some motorists.  But you know what, the minute we let cars rule our towns is the point we have all lost. Roads are for everyone!  Cars. Cyclists.  Horses.  Carnivals.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
How is it hell? They've been doing it for at least 30 years the same way, you get warnings, you know when it's going to happen and it lasts for a couple of hours at most. If you want to object then present your issues to a Marple Area Committee meeting. Maybe councillors will be sympathetic.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

For future reference how does one object to this? I live on one of the affected roads and it's hell. The carnival didn't use to wander round residential roads.
ONCE a year and its not that big come on .whats hell .

My login is Henrietta

For future reference how does one object to this? I live on one of the affected roads and it's hell. The carnival didn't use to wander round residential roads.

Sharky

Please be advised that the Marple Carnival Committee has applied to Stockport MBC to close Strines Road, Oldknow Road, Stockport Road, Hibbert Lane, Buxton Lane and Cross Lane on 16th June 2018 to allow the Carnival Parade to take place. Subsidiary roads that join these will also be closed as the parade passes.

Oldknow Road will be completely closed to all vehicular traffic from 11.30 hrs to 14.30 hrs. Other roads will be closed in phases from 13.00 hrs.

A map of the route can be found on www.marplecarnival.org.uk