Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Marple colours  (Read 1692 times)

Howard

Re: Marple colours
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 10:48:11 PM »
The Rugby club's colours were red and white for years and only switched to red and black in the last 8 years.

I suspect this is all coincidence.

Henry_

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 11:20:17 AM »
Marple Athletic's colours are red and blue. I believe the reasons for choosing them were down to the founder not wanting to offend United or city fans, and looking at the colours of the first two things which caught his eye on his desk, or so the story goes.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »
Interesting question, I'll ask MLHS if they have any suggestions.

Wonder if this could have anything to do with it (Winnington Family Coat of Arms: The Winnington family, of Offerton, coat of arms from the hall in possession of Marple Hall School. Catherine, daughter of Ralph Winnington married Henry Bradshawe II in 1594 and was mother to John and Henry Bradshawe).

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andy+kirsty

Marple colours
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:36:56 PM »
Perhaps one for those involved in local history –

Does Marple have any historical links to the colours black and red? The reason I ask is that all our local sporting teams seem to have their kit in the same colours.

Black and Red are the colours for the Rugby Club, Marple Athletic, the Swimming Club and Marple Runners.

Is it just coincidence or is there a historical link I’m missing – are they drawn from a coat of arms for example?

Just curious…