Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: The Romper  (Read 28981 times)

twinkletoes

Re: The Romper
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 08:14:08 PM »
So why are you botherd that its closing for a wedding party if you arn't botherd about it!
Ive told you you have a problem with it speek to Emma!

Dave

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 11:08:36 AM »
If you must know it is a wedding party!
Whether its a wedding, a bar-mitzvah or a hunt ball is neither here nor there. 

people don't seem to be botherd when its the quiz nights or funtion nights!

No they aren't bothered, because anyone can go along and take part in a pub quiz or function (or not, as they wish).  But next Friday, there will almost certainly be a few people who aren't aware of the closure, and who pop up to the Romper for a Friday night drink and a bite to eat, only to be turned away.  And next time they'll think twice and go somewhere else.   Which is not good for business.   :( That's all.

Rachael

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 10:10:11 PM »
I think it makes sense to close it to the public if its a wedding party  of a large enough scale .

I know if I went up there for a drink, and probably couldnt get served for ages due to a wedding then I would be frustrated., and I think with the lay out of the Romper inside they have done the right thing .   I bet it will be just  lovely for a wedding party :)  and even more so if the sun is shining .  I hope they do well from it :)

I had my wedding reception at Almonds , most of my husbands family are from down south, so they came up for the friday and the saturday, and basicly the wedding party took over the place for the whole weekend , booked all the hotel rooms,  it was just brilliant ., and the service was first class,  food was brill,  and our wedding day was just fantastic there  ...

* sighs * ... such a shame its gone now :(  as there is deffo a lack of places to have  a party with accomodation on our doorstep  now

twinkletoes

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 05:28:30 PM »
If you must know it is a wedding party! and if they are paying for it as well as the staff there wedges that is fine, people don't seem to be botherd when its the quiz nights or funtion nights! >:(
If you have a problem with it speek to emma the landlady

Dave

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 10:18:44 AM »
Dropped by the Romper yesterday.  A nice pint of Black Sheep, although it's now £2.80.   :'(

However, there was a notice by the bar announcing that the pub would be closed on Friday 26 June for a private function.   

This doesn't seem right to me.  I reckon there are two key features which define the Great British Pub:

• You can just have a drink (without food) and not feel out of place, and
  • Anyone can drop in for a drink during its normal opening hours

It's perfectly normal for a pub to have a function room, or occasionally to close off one or two rooms for a private function, but a pub is called a pub because it is a public house - not a private one!   

wolfman

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 10:33:01 PM »
free food tasting 29/1/09

Dave

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 09:52:38 AM »
Oh and by the way the romper bets ringers anyday! you dont get bared for breathing in the romper! Oh and We Won the S*** shelf! ???

So that's all clear then......... ???

twinkletoes

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 08:39:34 PM »
The menu is changing! I think Ive eaten threw all the menus, Oh and by the way the romper bets ringers anyday! you dont get bared for breathing in the romper! Oh and We Won the S*** shelf! ???

Rachael

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 10:18:54 AM »
I had a meal at the Romper some weeks back, I can only describe it as gorgeous!!

wolfman

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 08:41:20 PM »
To get back to the "Romper" The chef at the Romper is also at the Duke of York in Romiley that also does Turkish, Med style food which is also very good and maybe a little cheaper.

wolfman

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 08:35:50 PM »
I see that the local rag has a Mathew Davis who is currently I asssume in Beijing doing a "Blog" probably why he has not signed on, if it's the same person.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 08:30:49 PM »
He is but sadly has never logged in since he signed up on 23rd July :(
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

wolfman

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 08:26:15 PM »
speaking of the Stockport Express I see there is a new member of the forum called mdavisstockport express perhaps he is from the Stockport Express?

orangewhip

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »
I'm afraid I don't write for the Stockport Express, whatever gave you that idea?  ::)  Perhaps I should send them some of my reviews... ;)

Back up in Marple over the weekend so I'm going to give the Ring o' Bells another chance.  Expect a full report next week folks.  I'm intrigued by this 'spicey' food the rover mentions in his post!

Dave

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 08:15:21 AM »
the outside was heaving with drinkers enjoying the sunshine, maybe they have eaten here before and just thought the beer is ok

Yes, it's a nice spot for a pint on a sunny evening.  The beer is indeed good, though a tad pricy at £2.60 a pint.

Don't know about the food, but I wonder if Orangewhip writes for the Stockport Express  ;D