Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Linked Events

• Marple Pool Drop-in Event: March 13, 2020
  • Marple Pool Have Your Say Online: March 18, 2020 - April 17, 2020
  • Marple Pool Drop-in Event: March 25, 2020
  • Marple Leisure and Community Hub Consultation: December 02, 2020 - December 31, 2020
  • Marple Leisure and Community Hub Consultation: January 01, 2021 - January 04, 2021
  • Display of Community Hub Proposals in Library: September 04, 2023 - October 02, 2023
  • Community Hub Online Consultation: September 04, 2023 - October 02, 2023
  • Marple Leisure and Community Hub Consultation: September 12, 2023
  • Marple Leisure and Community Hub Consultation: September 19, 2023

Author Topic: Marple Swimming Pool currently closed  (Read 112243 times)

red666bear

Re: Marple Swimming Pool currently closed
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2019, 07:55:09 PM »
Typical marple people comment
How about the sorting office?

amazon

« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2019, 08:23:14 PM »
A vast number of people would vigorously protest at any attempt to change the use of the rec. Any such barbarous scheme would be resisted very strongly.
Typical marple people comment

marpleexile

« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2019, 05:28:36 PM »
Any such barbarous scheme would be resisted very strongly.

“Barbarous” is a bit harsh given that what we’re talking about in this thread is a community leisure centre (not a commercial development, or more housing).

Buit yeah, itll never happen, where would the dogs pee?

Condate

« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2019, 02:12:39 PM »
Agree but it wont hapen the apple people wont like it theres also  a covenent on it what the hell that means .

A vast number of people would vigorously protest at any attempt to change the use of the rec. Any such barbarous scheme would be resisted very strongly.

andrewbowden

« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2019, 12:43:32 PM »
Agree but it wont hapen the apple people wont like it theres also  a covenent on it what the hell that means .

Covenant means that there is a restriction on what you can do with the property.  Conditions that you have to adhere to even if you own it.  For example, for many years closed pubs would be sold with a covenant that they couldn't be reopened as a pub by any new owners.  Marple's ex NatWest was put on the market with conditions that it couldn't be used for financial use or as a  licensed premises (if I remember correctly).  If they went through with that, it will probably have covenants applied to the deeds so it can be enforced.

The other problem for the Rec is that it could be classed as a village green, and they have protection.  I don't know if the rec is a registered piece of common land, but to my lay persons eyes, it looks like it could be registered as such.

amazon

« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2019, 11:40:44 AM »
The triangle of waterlogged grass bordered by Arkwrigh, Strines and Oldknow Roads.

wheels

« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2019, 11:50:06 AM »
It is difficult to see how GT 3 Architects can draw up plans for the scheme without  knowing  where it is to be built or at least a maximum of two alternative site. So has a site been selected/identified?

PhilB

« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2019, 10:44:52 AM »
LATEST UPDATE JULY 2019

Further progress is being made with the project to develop options for providing a replacement leisure centre in Marple.

This could incorporate a broader range of community facilities than those offered in the current pool building. Stockport Council has appointed GT3 Architects to lead the technical team developing concept designs for the scheme. GT3 have recently carried out a number of designs for similar schemes, which have included wet and dry sports facilities and a variety of community uses. They will be supported by a wider professional team.

It is anticipated that this phase of work will last 12-15 weeks and it will result in detailed designs being drawn up for a number of options. These will give us a better understanding of potential timescales and costs of potential schemes. In parallel with this, work is taking place to develop funding models for potential schemes.

Although we are committed to providing a replacement pool and leisure centre in Marple, we do not want to raise expectations until we are confident that we have a range of options which are deliverable. Once we get to this stage, we will be carrying out a programme of engagement with local residents and other stakeholders.

We do not anticipate being in a position to provide a further update on the project until the design options have been completed in late October/early November.

In the meantime, any queries can be directed to marplepoolproject@stockport.gov.uk

marpleexile

« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2019, 11:20:39 AM »
Were do you mean by rec .

The triangle of waterlogged grass bordered by Arkwrigh, Strines and Oldknow Roads.

amazon

« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2019, 09:24:23 PM »
I have no problem with it being at Memorial, but I think that The Rec would be better - more space, better options for vehicular access, and no loss of amenities in either the short or long term (well except that some dog walkers would need to find somewhere else for their dogs to p*** & p***)
Were do you mean by rec .

marpleexile

« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2019, 05:45:45 PM »
That is the perfect place to put a community leisure centre for future generations. It would replace 70's buildings with a modern centre for all.

So Yes I would like to get you started! What is wrong with upgrading the current Memorial park?

I have no problem with it being at Memorial, but I think that The Rec would be better - more space, better options for vehicular access, and no loss of amenities in either the short or long term (well except that some dog walkers would need to find somewhere else for their dogs to p*** & p***)

PhilB

« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2019, 07:30:22 PM »
And don't get me started on putting it in the Memorial Park!!

That is the perfect place to put a community leisure centre for future generations. It would replace 70's buildings with a modern centre for all.

So Yes I would like to get you started! What is wrong with upgrading the current Memorial park?

amazon

« Reply #201 on: June 15, 2019, 05:12:01 PM »
Why can't they renew/replace the swimming pool where it is now. Cheaper than buying or "acquiring" a new site either as slum clearance or open land. The only factory locally is the Goyt Mill. Unsuitable parking, noise issues for local residents both during demolition and building to say nothing of once the "leisure centre" was opened.

Do we want to lose open land with possible wild-life issues, to say nothing of open air sites for people. The current pool is on a good bus route (not everyone has a car or can afford taxis).

Goyt mill is for sale at 4 million really makes sence to put it there Marple park is ideal

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2019, 03:06:42 PM »
Drag it out people might forget we need a new swiming pool still not apointed a technical team typical stockport .look at the one in denton thats going up were oldham batteries used to be .
Why can't they renew/replace the swimming pool where it is now. Cheaper than buying or "acquiring" a new site either as slum clearance or open land. The only factory locally is the Goyt Mill. Unsuitable parking, noise issues for local residents both during demolition and building to say nothing of once the "leisure centre" was opened.

Do we want to lose open land with possible wild-life issues, to say nothing of open air sites for people. The current pool is on a good bus route (not everyone has a car or can afford taxis).

amazon

« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2019, 09:59:02 AM »
For ease, here's a copy of the new statement:

Marple Pool Project: Update 14th June 2019

Work is progressing on developing options for a replacement pool and leisure centre in Marple, which could also incorporate a range of other upgraded community facilities.

The Council is now in the final stages of appointing a technical team to move forward the next phase of the project. This work will develop a series of detailed designs.

In parallel with this, we are continuing to work on the funding model for a new centre and have already had preliminary discussions with potential external funders, including Sport England.

Although we are committed to providing a replacement pool and leisure centre in Marple, we do not want to raise expectations until we are confident that we have a range of options which are deliverable. Once we get to this stage, we will be carrying out a programme of engagement with local residents and other stakeholders.

We will provide a further update once we have appointed the technical team. We anticipate that this will be by the end of July.

Any queries on the project can be directed to marplepoolproject@stockport.gov.uk
Drag it out people might forget we need a new swiming pool still not apointed a technical team typical stockport .look at the one in denton thats going up were oldham batteries used to be .