RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Apple trees  (Read 2412 times)

CllrGeoffAbell

Re: Apple trees
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 11:11:37 AM »
Just to report that MESS who planted the orchard trees have been in touch with the police and the tree dept in the council.  They may also have found some finance to replaced the damaged trees if needed.  (A few have also died naturally).  They are naturally very upset at this turn of events - there were quite a few hurdles to putting them in in the first place.

Dave

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 10:51:49 AM »
the chances are it was a man.

More likely to have been a boy, showing off to impress his mates.  Very sad.

amazon

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 08:22:35 PM »
No it doesn't.  I was referring to the trees in London.
OK

andrewbowden

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 07:37:46 PM »
Dont think the councill has anything to do with the apple trees that have been planted .

No it doesn't.  I was referring to the trees in London.

amazon

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 05:12:59 PM »
For many years I lived in London.  And it had this stupid cycle.

Every year the council would plant some new trees in the pavement near a parade of shops and the tube station.  Nice trees.  Gave a nice feeling to the area.

Every years, some weeks later, several of them would have been snapped in the middle.

The tree would die.  The next year the council would dig it up and replant. 

Repeat.

It was clearly some moron - probably the same one - who decided to prove his masculinity by kicking the crap out of a tree.  Because that shows what a man you are.  I'm not one for gender stereotyping normally, but let's face it, the chances are it was a man.

I didn't understand it then.  I don't understand it now.  But clearly some people just think destroying trees is a laugh.

(A regular question was why the council didn't invest in some of those metal tree guard things that go round the tree to protect it.  "Too expensive" it was declared.  It was cheaper to just replant every year, and wait for the moron to strike again.)
Dont think the councill has anything to do with the apple trees that have been planted .

andrewbowden

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 01:19:02 PM »
For many years I lived in London.  And it had this stupid cycle.

Every year the council would plant some new trees in the pavement near a parade of shops and the tube station.  Nice trees.  Gave a nice feeling to the area.

Every years, some weeks later, several of them would have been snapped in the middle.

The tree would die.  The next year the council would dig it up and replant. 

Repeat.

It was clearly some moron - probably the same one - who decided to prove his masculinity by kicking the crap out of a tree.  Because that shows what a man you are.  I'm not one for gender stereotyping normally, but let's face it, the chances are it was a man.

I didn't understand it then.  I don't understand it now.  But clearly some people just think destroying trees is a laugh.

(A regular question was why the council didn't invest in some of those metal tree guard things that go round the tree to protect it.  "Too expensive" it was declared.  It was cheaper to just replant every year, and wait for the moron to strike again.)

amazon

Apple trees
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 11:38:28 AM »
Noticed that a lot of the Apple trees have been vandalised near Awkright road /Mindless people .