Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Post Office Marple  (Read 30574 times)

corium

Re: Post Office Marple
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2018, 11:16:28 AM »
I believe the old Post Office has been acquired by Foragin in order to be turned into a restaurant.

Also, the Indian restaurant, ex Kinary, Mysore, is to become a Thai restaurant as part of Art of Siam.

And a wine bar opening at All Things Nice.

Things are looking up in Marple.

Much as I enjoy eating out in local establishments I do wonder how many the locality can support - this means 5(?) new establishments announced in the last few months

Harry

« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2018, 08:24:15 AM »
Do you really think so hear today gone tomorow .

You are correct Amazon. My hearing isn't what it used to be. I blame the ageing process.

amazon

« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2018, 10:13:12 PM »
I believe the old Post Office has been acquired by Foragin in order to be turned into a restaurant.

Also, the Indian restaurant, ex Kinary, Mysore, is to become a Thai restaurant as part of Art of Siam.

Do you really think so hear today gone tomorow .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2018, 08:03:45 PM »
Why is All Things Nice closing?

I don't think it is, although I'm not certain.

The few comments I've seen suggest that it is to be used as a wine bar on evenings by someone else - like a share of some kind.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

ringi

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2018, 07:38:19 PM »

Why is All Things Nice closing?

Harry

« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2018, 08:42:00 PM »

ringi

« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2018, 04:52:58 PM »
Meanwhile a planning application was put in back in August for change of use of the old PO to A3 cafes/restaurants. Not sure if this is just being protective of the owner but it would be very good for that area, what with foragin, Beer Traders and others... Marple centre finally finding itself.

Personally due to the limited parking, I would like to see some of these shops converted into homes, with the charity shops in the centre put back into use as real shops and cafes etc.

amazon

« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2018, 02:39:51 PM »
The one thing I haven’t spotted at the new PO was an actual post box, or haven’t I looked hard enough? Unless you wait to hand over letters at the counter the nearest boxes are a way away.

Meanwhile a planning application was put in back in August for change of use of the old PO to A3 cafes/restaurants. Not sure if this is just being protective of the owner but it would be very good for that area, what with foragin, Beer Traders and others... Marple centre finally finding itself.
Have noticed the video box has been taped up notice on saying please do not post your letters through here .

rsh

« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2018, 09:46:12 AM »
The one thing I haven’t spotted at the new PO was an actual post box, or haven’t I looked hard enough? Unless you wait to hand over letters at the counter the nearest boxes are a way away.

amazon

« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »
The PO is now open near Asda and looks good.
yip used this morning more conveniant .

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2018, 06:43:30 PM »
The PO is now open near Asda and looks good.

amazon

« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2018, 11:36:32 AM »
A note just went around work saying there will be no post office service in marple starting next week for 2 weeks, so if you need anything from them them to get it sorted now.

Clearly this is later than the 18th.. so not sure if the information I have is correct.

No biggie for me, it's just a bill payment that can wait, but how are those that pick up pensions etc. coping?
Marple Bridge compstall post office on bus route ever fifteen minutes . there was a sign up in post office were to go .

TonyHoyle

« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2018, 03:31:47 AM »
Just seen a notice in Marple Post Office window to say that they will be closing on August 18th and reopening at The Ridgedale Centre on September 4th. 
Nothing to say what will happen to P.O. counter services during the time that they are closed.

A note just went around work saying there will be no post office service in marple starting next week for 2 weeks, so if you need anything from them them to get it sorted now.

Clearly this is later than the 18th.. so not sure if the information I have is correct.

No biggie for me, it's just a bill payment that can wait, but how are those that pick up pensions etc. coping?

amazon

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2018, 08:35:31 PM »
Zso will the gift shop element remain on Stockport Rd is that large unit going to be empty or is it just the post office counter that's moving.
No its all moving .