Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Post Office Marple  (Read 30562 times)

Lily

Re: Post Office Marple
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2018, 10:51:57 PM »
I’m guessing (and only guessing) that the gift shop is going too, as they have a 25% sale on gift items.

I have now just looked back to the first page of this topic (from almost 12 months ago) and this is what I posted then:-

“We have just been in the Post office to do a transaction and have picked up a leaflet about the proposed move.
At the moment it is classed as a 6 week 'Public Consultation - Branch Relocation' period (which started on 15th August).
The, 4 sided A4, leaflet also says 'I am pleased to tell you that if the move goes ahead, subject to consultation, the new premises which is currently empty will undergo a refurbishment to incorporate cards, stationery & gifts'.
I asked which unit they refer to and it is the one that is currently used as a charity furniture shop.
The leaflet gives several ways of contacting the relevant people so that you can express your opinion.
If anyone needs any more information I suggest picking up a leaflet next time you are passing Marple Post Office - as there is too much for me to put on here.”

wheels

« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2018, 10:39:37 PM »
Zso will the gift shop element remain on Stockport Rd is that large unit going to be empty or is it just the post office counter that's moving.

amazon

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2018, 01:20:33 PM »
Just seen a notice in Marple Post Office window to say that they will be closing on August 18th and reopening at The Ridgedale Centre on September 4th. 
Nothing to say what will happen to P.O. counter services during the time that they are closed.
Great news taken nearly twelve months to sort with Asda .use Marple bridge post office while they are closed .or Compstall better for parking .

Lily

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2018, 12:20:29 PM »
Just seen a notice in Marple Post Office window to say that they will be closing on August 18th and reopening at The Ridgedale Centre on September 4th. 
Nothing to say what will happen to P.O. counter services during the time that they are closed.

mikes

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2018, 12:40:14 PM »
great news

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2018, 11:50:48 AM »
A formal confirmation that the Delivery Office will not be closing has been issued to MP William Wragg by Royal Mail:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

red666bear

« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2018, 09:45:33 PM »
  I dont think so
May I ask you to look at Dave Kennedy’s CWU twitter account for actual facts and not idle gossip.

ringi

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2018, 11:12:56 AM »
Don't get too excited. The Competition and Markets Authority haven't finished with them yet.

As I understand it if the take over goes ahead, they will be kept as separate brands, with their separate price points.  But they could reband Marple at some point.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2018, 09:13:26 PM »
I guess ASDA have other things on their plate now, like being taken over by Sainsburys.
Don't get too excited. The Competition and Markets Authority haven't finished with them yet.

amazon

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2018, 09:44:20 PM »
Afraid your being misinformed amazon.
  I dont think so

red666bear

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2018, 08:40:07 PM »
Afraid your being misinformed amazon.

amazon

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2018, 12:33:29 PM »
Post office and the Royal Mail are separate businesses.
They are looking far a larger area. So it doesn't look as though you will be there for ever unless you retire of course ..... your new manager told me.

red666bear

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2018, 09:48:18 PM »
Post office and the Royal Mail are separate businesses.

marpleexile

« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2018, 07:56:00 PM »
Correct amazon no room at Green Lane, never has been and parking is also an issue.
Also no supermarket being built.
Any more rumours anyone not in the know and who don’t work at the site would like to start?

I know this is a touchy subject for you red666bear, but that's a tad rude.

The Marple sorting office potentially closing wasn't a rumour, it was a PO consultation, which they have considered and rejected.
The potential supermarket wasn't a rumour, it was a real (and successful) attempt to derail Asda's bid to build on the old college site, which now the Chatsworth estate has been built, has been quietly shelved.

red666bear

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2018, 06:56:23 PM »
Correct amazon no room at Green Lane, never has been and parking is also an issue.
Also no supermarket being built.
Any more rumours anyone not in the know and who don’t work at the site would like to start?