Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Post Office Marple  (Read 30882 times)

amazon

Re: Post Office Marple
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2018, 09:05:03 PM »
They told me that they have more space then is useful at present, as few items make enough profit to justify the cost of the shelf space.   Then  don't think they will want the Edward Mellar unit as well.
so is it just the post office maybe moving not the rest of the shop .what about the sorting office .

ringi

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2018, 05:53:16 PM »
They told me that they have more space then is useful at present, as few items make enough profit to justify the cost of the shelf space.   Then  don't think they will want the Edward Mellar unit as well.

amazon

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
The info from the Post Office I can find would suggest it is though it's a couple of months old:

https://www.postofficeviews.co.uk/national-consultation-team/marple-sk6-6aa-204432/
The post office have no idea when they are moving they are waiting for Asda  to sort the lease out .thats what i was told last week .
            maybe they are waiting for edward mellar to move to the bank then take that unit as well .if so its going to be a while

corium

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »
The info from the Post Office I can find would suggest it is though it's a couple of months old:

https://www.postofficeviews.co.uk/national-consultation-team/marple-sk6-6aa-204432/

Lily

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2018, 02:10:19 PM »
Just being nosy  ;D
Does anyone know whether the Post Office is still intending moving to the unit next to Edward Mellors?
The notification signs have now disappeared from both the P.O. and the unit on The Hollins  - and as I’ve not been in the Post Office recently I haven’t had the opportunity to ask them.

amazon

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2017, 07:41:08 PM »
Have you seen the queues there sometimes?  >:(
Where?

mikes

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2017, 10:59:14 AM »
Only if the stay over 2 hours who is going to spend 2 hours in the post office .

Have you seen the queues there sometimes?  >:(

amazon

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2017, 02:35:16 PM »
Only if the stay over 2 hours who is going to spend 2 hours in the post office .
Heard today that the post office is taking over Edward Mellors shop when they move to the bank going to use for sorting and parcels the empty unit next door just going to be used as Post office
we will see, could be better still.

amazon

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2017, 01:39:28 PM »
They do get parking tickets.  Trust me, I have casework on this!
(and I love the idea of "resistance only" - like something out of 'Allo 'Allo)

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 01:13:10 PM »
Parking is an issue for some people, as the distance to walk to the new post office is more than the current one.   The people who will be closer don't complain, therefore we are not told about them......

A lot of users of the current post office just park in the resistance only parking on side roads, as there is no real risk of getting a parking ticket.....

They do get parking tickets.  Trust me, I have casework on this!
(and I love the idea of "resistance only" - like something out of 'Allo 'Allo)

amazon

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2017, 08:02:05 PM »
There is a bus stop facing the old post office if its a problem for some .and why should you recieve a parking tck at the new post office .people just do not like change and will complain about anything .
The new post office will be opening after Christmas .

amazon

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2017, 09:53:04 PM »
Parking is an issue for some people, as the distance to walk to the new post office is more than the current one.   The people who will be closer don't complain, therefore we are not told about them......

A lot of users of the current post office just park in the resistance only parking on side roads, as there is no real risk of getting a parking ticket.....
There is a bus stop facing the old post office if its a problem for some .and why should you recieve a parking tck at the new post office .people just do not like change and will complain about anything .

ringi

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2017, 05:57:48 PM »

amazon

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2017, 11:10:58 AM »
Have you actually tried to pack in the Hollins car park when it is full?  Parking can often be a significant problem in Marple generally.  Not that I care as I walk everywhere locally.
There is another car park side of fire station,

andrewbowden

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2017, 07:58:06 AM »
Have you actually tried to pack in the Hollins car park when it is full?  Parking can often be a significant problem in Marple generally.  Not that I care as I walk everywhere locally.

I also walk everywhere in Marple, so no I haven't.  However there is even less parking on Stockport Road and from what I have seen, that is often heavily occupied.