Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Post Office Marple  (Read 30900 times)

mikes

Re: Post Office Marple
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2017, 09:51:17 PM »
...I find it interesting that some people were concerned about parking, given the new location has far better parking options!

Have you actually tried to pack in the Hollins car park when it is full?  Parking can often be a significant problem in Marple generally.  Not that I care as I walk everywhere locally.

amazon

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2017, 11:56:06 AM »
Decision letter.
http://www.connect-dots.uk/skopo/ps_doc/Marple%20SK6%206AA_SK6%206AA_FileDecisionLetter.pdf

I find it interesting that some people were concerned about parking, given the new location has far better parking options!
Thanks for posting letter i was not sure how to do .

andrewbowden

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2017, 11:10:30 AM »
Decision letter.
http://www.connect-dots.uk/skopo/ps_doc/Marple%20SK6%206AA_SK6%206AA_FileDecisionLetter.pdf

I find it interesting that some people were concerned about parking, given the new location has far better parking options!

amazon

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2017, 10:43:26 AM »
The new post office is to go ahead .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2017, 05:45:20 PM »
Because it gives a superior service to the likes of Hermes and UPS - companies who otherwise to a comparable job to Royal Mail for much less money.
It doesn't need to try very hard to give a superior service to that of Hermes. In the past I have sometimes resorted to having parcels addressed to my horse at the equestrian Centre in Charlesworth! Mind you, even that didn't work with Hermes, despite the yard being staffed from 8am to 9pm on weekdays and 8am to 6pm at weekends!

I used "Click and Collect" from Amazon to Marple Post Office last week and it worked wonderfully well.

andrewbowden

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2017, 01:32:40 PM »
We will see .

We will.  But I really wouldn't get your hopes up.  The evidence really doesn't suggest you will be rewarded.

amazon

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2017, 10:31:20 AM »
It may be standard in Hadfield (although given the close proximity of Glossop delivery office, it makes little sense to me) but it is certainly not standard within Royal Mail.  The standard policy is to charge a fee for Post Office pickup.

Remember post offices and Royal Mail are separate organisations.  Post offices aren't generally run by the Post Office.  They are franchises.  Would a Post Office do such a service out of their heart?  Unlikely.  Would Royal Mail be willing to pay?  Well given the whole move to close Marple delivery office is to save money...
We will see .

andrewbowden

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2017, 09:32:24 AM »
In 2015 Blackpool and Poulton-le-fylde delivery offices merged.

They merged on an industrial park, in an out of the way location.  Sounds familiar?

This is the page Royal Mail put on their website detailing the move and the impact it would have on their customers.
https://www.royalmailgroup.com/blackpool-and-poulton-le-fylde-delivery-offices-move

Of specific interest, the final three paragraphs.

Royal Mail makes every effort to deliver mail to customers first time. Customers do not need to travel to the new delivery office. Royal Mail can arrange a re-delivery free of charge on a day that is convenient for customers, which includes Saturdays. This service can be arranged by calling the number on the card we leave or by visiting our website at www.royalmail.com

We can also deliver items to a different address within the same postcode area. Items can also be left with a neighbour or designated neighbour** if customers are not at home when we attempt delivery.

Alternatively, for those customers who wish to collect their undelivered mail, the proposal is to relocate the enquiry office to the new site, where dedicated customer parking is available.

andrewbowden

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2017, 08:02:20 AM »
My sister lives in Hadfield, and any missed deliveries are collected from the Hadfield post office, for free. No special arrangement, seemingly standard practise.

It may be standard in Hadfield (although given the close proximity of Glossop delivery office, it makes little sense to me) but it is certainly not standard within Royal Mail.  The standard policy is to charge a fee for Post Office pickup.

Remember post offices and Royal Mail are separate organisations.  Post offices aren't generally run by the Post Office.  They are franchises.  Would a Post Office do such a service out of their heart?  Unlikely.  Would Royal Mail be willing to pay?  Well given the whole move to close Marple delivery office is to save money...

marpleexile

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2017, 06:27:31 AM »
As I pointed out below, Royal Mail have a scheme for picking up orders from online retailers for free, from Post Offices.  That's an offer that is competing with Hermes etal.  It's an offer with imprest.

Setting up the ability for Marple residents to collect missed deliveries for free from a local post office... an offer totally unique to Marple...  Well it isn't.

My sister lives in Hadfield, and any missed deliveries are collected from the Hadfield post office, for free. No special arrangement, seemingly standard practise.

andrewbowden

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2017, 10:36:18 PM »
Because it gives a superior service to the likes of Hermes and UPS - companies who otherwise to a comparable job to Royal Mail for much less money.

As I pointed out below, Royal Mail have a scheme for picking up orders from online retailers for free, from Post Offices.  That's an offer that is competing with Hermes etal.  It's an offer with imprest.

Setting up the ability for Marple residents to collect missed deliveries for free from a local post office... an offer totally unique to Marple...  Well it isn't. 

andrewbowden

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2017, 10:28:46 PM »
Stop being so negative

I would say i am being a realist.  And because of that, I won't be disappointed.

Cyberman

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2017, 09:34:12 PM »
I could be wrong but why would they bother?

amazon

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 08:04:40 PM »
You already can get your missed collection delivered to your local post office.  For a small fee.

Many post offices also accept parcels ordered from online retailers to be collected from a post office for free.  Marple currently (as far as I know) does not offer this.

Details of both at https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/collection-services

I expect their plans to take parcels are the latter.  I sincerely doubt they will do a deal to allow you to pick up undelivered mail for free given they already have other options to deal with this (post office pickup, redelivery etc ). Especially as this is not a service they generally offer in urban areas.

Stop being so negative

andrewbowden

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2017, 07:09:10 PM »
Will they be taking parcels which the post(wo)man couldn't leave as no-one in at the adress? Or will we have to traipse on umpteen buses to the sorting office which I understand will be in the wilds of the Heatons?

You already can get your missed collection delivered to your local post office.  For a small fee.

Many post offices also accept parcels ordered from online retailers to be collected from a post office for free.  Marple currently (as far as I know) does not offer this.

Details of both at https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/collection-services

I expect their plans to take parcels are the latter.  I sincerely doubt they will do a deal to allow you to pick up undelivered mail for free given they already have other options to deal with this (post office pickup, redelivery etc ). Especially as this is not a service they generally offer in urban areas.