Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: brabyn's park  (Read 3138 times)

stuartpike78

brabyn's park
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 10:58:46 AM »
I have asked the question of the Council's environmental health team and am waiting for a response.
In the meantime could anyone who has details of people who have fallen ill after swimming in the river please consider giving me a ring or emailing me.

Thanks

Stuart Pike
Marple Reporter
Stockport Express and Times
Tel: 475 4823
stuart.pike@gmwn.co.uk

Howard

brabyn's park
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 02:22:05 PM »
When I was 14 (1982) I went swimming in the river with friends. We all ended up with upset stomachs and the runs. I suspect the river is a lot cleaner now than it was, but it's still not exactly sterile.

It might be worth a call to the council environmental services unit to ask their advice.

Rachael

brabyn's park
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 07:33:46 PM »
Tina, its funny you should mention this, a lady I work with, her son had been swimming in the river at Brabyns, and was violently sick, she is convinced its because of something in the water.

Any information would be good.

tina

brabyn's park
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 06:48:18 PM »
My son keeps going down to Brabyn's park and swimming in the river known as the dome. I have asked, begged and pleaded with him not to do so but he insists on doing so. (he wants to be part of the crowd)
He has been feeling unwell and i'm positive it's because of him swimming down there.
I feel like i'm banging my head against a brick wall, can anyone offer any good advice or any facts reguarding the safety and what might be in the water?
Teenagers don't believe parents he just thinks i'm nagging but if I could show him any info which helps fight my corner I would be very grateful.
He breaks up from school tomorrow so he has 6 weeks to entertain himself I am dreading it!