A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: RIP Mark Singleton 4 July 2017  (Read 3538 times)

ROTHERS

Re: RIP Mark Singleton 4 July 2017
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 10:51:43 AM »
awful news... When we moved to Marple 7 years ago, both Mark and Anita made us feel very welcome and we spent many a happy hour in the Ringers due to them.
RIP Mark and my thoughts are with Anita at this sad time.

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 12:29:05 AM »
Terrible news. Had many great nights in the pubs run by Mark and Anita. Will raise a glass to Mark next time we are in the Ringers.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

barndoor

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 07:39:05 PM »
I'm genuinely shocked and saddened by this news. I thought he was a great guy; and it was through his obvious passion for them that I developed an interest in brass bands, an interest that continues to this day.

As previous posters have noted, my thoughts are with Anita and their children.

bd

nbt

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 08:53:37 AM »
Sad news to hear. Thoughts with family and friends. RIP Mark.
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
RIP Mark Singleton 4 July 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 07:54:50 AM »
Very sad and shocked to learn that Mark Singleton, former landlord of The Hatters and Ring o' Bells, passed away yesterday after falling ill on Saturday.

Mark and his wife Anita were great supporters of Friends of Marple Memorial and The Marple Website, and many other local good causes too, not least his lifetime involvement with local brass bands including Marple, Hawk Green and Poynton and his playing of the trombone with all of them. Our thoughts are with Anita and their two daughters Jenny and Diane and the rest of the Singleton family.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website