A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Linked Events

• Carver Theatre Open Day: July 01, 2017

Author Topic: Carver Theatre Open Day [Saturday 1 July 2017]  (Read 1953 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Carver Theatre Open Day [Saturday 1 July 2017]
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 05:55:55 AM »
Just a little reminder of the Carver Theatre Open Day on Saturday!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alison

Re: Carver Theatre Open Day [Saturday 1 July 2017]
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »
This sounds fantastic, I'd love to have a nosey round and see if I recognise the place from my dim and distant illustrious stage career ( Gang show and Summer Show). Unfortunately I won't know until nearer the time if I am free that day so I hope selfishly you dont sell out, but hope altruisticly you do!

Alison

joanna

Carver Theatre Open Day [Saturday 1 July 2017]
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 09:24:28 AM »
Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes at Marpleā€™s very own Carver Theatre?  Well, now is your chance to find out.   On Saturday, 1st July, we will be holding a Carver Theatre Open Day when you are invited along to have a look behind the scenes.

A visit to the Open Day will be like a visit to Tatton Hall - in that people will be split into small groups of ten with a tour guide.   You will be given a potted history of the theatre before touring the various areas including the wardrobe department;  the rehearsal room where you will watch part of a rehearsal; the Green Room to see a make-up demonstration; the stage and back-stage area to see how sets are built, including the dressing rooms; and then into the theatre auditorium to see a lighting and sound demonstration.   Finally you will be invited into the bar area for refreshments and an opportunity to ask any questions that you perhaps did not get the opportunity to ask during the tour.   You will be given a souvenir brochure to take away with you.   The tours should take approximately one hour.

Tickets are free of charge and are bookable on-line at www.carvertheatre.co.uk . Alternatively you can book tickets at Hollins of Marple or by phone on 0161 449 8363.