A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Cutting down of trees on Tramway Wharf (off Strines Road)  (Read 5059 times)

Brambler

Re: Cutting down of trees on Tramway Wharf (off Strines Road)
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 10:33:36 PM »
We know that it is trespassers as it is our land. Yes we have been working hard to revive and protect Tramway Wharf and are desperately disappointed that things like this keep happening, from the theft of the stone walling, damage to trees and dog walkers disposing of their poo bags by throwing them across the canal / over the fence.
All we want is to create and preserve a nice environment on the canal side at this historic wharf.

corium

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 05:55:37 PM »
nbt, you may be right but it took me a couple of attempts to see your interpretation - isn't English wonderful!

nbt

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 03:04:26 PM »
if that quote is correct  - "we have not authorised any cutting of trees"  - then brambler is presumably the new owner of the land in question?
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

corium

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 08:41:05 AM »

Please can everybody be aware we have not authorised any cutting of trees. If you see someone hacking away at one please contact the local police.
Thank you

Given the issues that have arisen around other land in Marple could I invite Brambler to say who the "we" are - presumably some local/ national group?

Dave

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 07:54:16 AM »
Yes, I've noticed it too, but like the rover I'm sure there has been no 'trespassing' - the work will have been carried out by whoever bought that strip of land recently. 

the rover

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 06:32:01 AM »
Having not been to where you are talking about recently, if it is the area of tow path opposite Churchgate House then it will be the person who purchased the tow path last year so there is nobody trespassing as it is his land and he has been working on the tow path for months.

marpleexile

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 06:18:49 AM »

Yet again I cant believe, that in the time it takes to axe down a tree, nobody saw/ heard anything considering how busy the tow path is in that area.

More likely that plenty of people saw/heard it going on, but that none of them knew it was a problem that needed reporting. I certainly wasn't aware.

Brambler

Cutting down of trees on Tramway Wharf (off Strines Road)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 10:19:38 PM »
Someone has been trespassing and cutting down or part axing several trees on Tramway Wharf (the land opposite the tow path near Strines Road and Brickbridge Road). Can I tell whoever it is that it an offence to cut down any tree with that diameter trunk as the woodland has tree preservation orders on it.
I have reported this to the police.
Yet again I cant believe, that in the time it takes to axe down a tree, nobody saw/ heard anything considering how busy the tow path is in that area.
Please can everybody be aware we have not authorised any cutting of trees. If you see someone hacking away at one please contact the local police.
Thank you