A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: New Football Goals in Marple Memorial Park  (Read 1614 times)

Tillyed1

Re: New Football Goals in Marple Memorial Park
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 03:45:13 PM »
Very good they will supplement an invaluable local facility.

I'm just surprised our resident doom & gloom merchants haven't put their negative spin on it yet, i.e.  how will the grass be cut with the posts there ?, who is going to maintain the posts in years to come ?, wont it only attract unsavoury types ?, what if someone walks into them in the dark ? why were we not consulted ?

Henry_

Re: New Football Goals in Marple Memorial Park
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 12:18:12 PM »
That's fantastic. We've often played there with jumpers for goalposts in the past. My lads will be very pleased.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
New Football Goals in Marple Memorial Park
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 06:22:41 AM »
Those of you who read the Friends of Marple Memorial Park minutes of meetings will know that the Bowling Green is soon to be fenced in a further endeavour to stop the playing of football, riding of bikes and even playing of golf on the green. You will also know that after two years of pressing the council to resolve legal issues surrounding the playing of informal sports in the park that has in the past prevented us from installing a pair of goals, we have recently reached agreement that this does not contravene the existing by-laws.

So yesterday we finally completed the installation of a pair of goals in the park so that kids can have a kick-about....... 

The goals were donated by the council's Greenspace Team (they had been purchased some years ago for another park but never installed).

This is hopefully only the first step in us providing better informal football facilities in the park. Read the minutes or look out for more news soon.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website