A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Hell's Teeth!!  (Read 3455 times)

CllrGeoffAbell

Re: Hell's Teeth!!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 12:15:11 PM »
Ah, but there's a better class of troll here!
And prescriptions are free for those over 60.  Aren't they?
TfGM go further than statutory minimum by giving free passes after 9:30 to those with disability too.
And the Maltese bus fares are good; but there are a whole load of lucky charms on them as the driving is notoriously poor.

prestbury

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 09:41:09 PM »
Don't feed the troll prestbury

;)

RH

;D

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 10:27:01 PM »
Don't feed the troll prestbury

;)

RH

prestbury

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 08:37:21 PM »
Wouldn't be too surprised if by the time you get to 65 the Tory Scum have moved the state pension age up to 70 too.

"Work til you drop, peasants!!"

Was it not the labour goverment who started the ball rolling in 2007 with planned stage increases in pension age for the next 30+ years and then compounded it by stealing from our pension funds?

marple syrup

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 11:19:49 AM »
I was looking forward to getting my 'old biddies bus pass' at 60, and then they went and moved the qualifying age to state pension age - so that's still another 5 years wait for me!! :( :(

Wouldn't be too surprised if by the time you get to 65 the Tory Scum have moved the state pension age up to 70 too.

"Work til you drop, peasants!!"

andrewbowden

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »
two adults and two kids from Marple bridge to rose hill on the bus is £7.80. It is about 3 pounds by taxi!!

Trouble is bus fares are aimed around getting you to do multiple journeys.  You can get a Group Dayrider and get the run of Stagecoach's buses for £8.50!

PhilB

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 10:22:16 PM »
two adults and two kids from Marple bridge to rose hill on the bus is £7.80. It is about 3 pounds by taxi!!

Condate

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 06:28:21 PM »
I've mislaid my Old Biddies Bus Pass and the car is in dock so I caught the bus into Marple this am. Got on at Stoke Lacey (for the uninitiated this is the stop opposite the old college site on Hibbert Lane). I nearly fell off again when the single fare was £1.60 just to The Hollins!!

Been on a couple of buses here in Malta. The fare is 1.5 Euros for a journey from the north (Qawra) to Valetta, about 20 miles using the bus route. I'm sure this is heavily subsidised, which considering the appalling traffic is not surprising. The buses are very well used. I don't know what the tax levels are like to pay for it.

Lily

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 05:40:05 PM »
I was looking forward to getting my 'old biddies bus pass' at 60, and then they went and moved the qualifying age to state pension age - so that's still another 5 years wait for me!! :( :(

Barbara

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »
Along with most 'old biddies' I greatly appreciate my travel pass.  Hope they never rescind it!!!

andrewbowden

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 01:40:13 PM »
Diesel, tax, insurance, staff costs, cost of vehicle... all adds up, just it does for cars.  Of course there is the operator profit margin too - around 10% - so 16p for your journey.

Hopefully our new Mayor of Greater Manchester will start bringing buses under his control, and help reduce those profit margins.  But I wouldn't expect there to be a massive plummet in fares any time soon.  Not until our government starts doing something that many other countries do - subsidise fares out of taxes!

My login is Henrietta

Hell's Teeth!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 11:32:27 AM »
I've mislaid my Old Biddies Bus Pass and the car is in dock so I caught the bus into Marple this am. Got on at Stoke Lacey (for the uninitiated this is the stop opposite the old college site on Hibbert Lane). I nearly fell off again when the single fare was £1.60 just to The Hollins!!