Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Use of skatepark  (Read 2171 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Use of skatepark
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 04:11:27 PM »
I'm very pleased to report that Team Extreme have confirmed that we will have a girl in the team of 4 professional riders coming to Marple Skatepark on Saturday. In fact it sounds like she will be bringing a friend so there will be 2 girls and 3 male riders. So looking forward to seeing what they can do with our new skatepark!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 03:42:48 PM »
Will older girls every use the state park if the older boys are allowed to?

Most of the girls I see walking home from school seem to be doing whatever they can to avoid the older boys.
Crumbs - things have changed since I was a girl!

ringi

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 02:22:32 PM »
Will older girls every use the state park if the older boys are allowed to?

Most of the girls I see walking home from school seem to be doing whatever they can to avoid the older boys.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 08:26:47 AM »
This is a good point @mabel

I was pleased to see quite a good number of younger girls during the celebration jam. My own granddaughters age 6 and 9 and lots of their friends of similar age. But there were not many older ones.

We are developing plans for an event at Marple Carnival with pro riders (similar to what we did in 2013). I will ask if there are any female professionals that could come along in at least one of the categories.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

mabel

Use of skatepark
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 07:11:41 PM »
It's a brilliant achievement to raise the money for the skate park, well done to all those involved.  There don't seem to be many girls using the area though.  Perhaps someone would be willing to run a session to teach the girls some skills and encourage them to use it as well?