Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Big lump of land for sale in Marple Bridge  (Read 10878 times)

amazon

Re: Big lump of land for sale in Marple Bridge
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 07:14:33 PM »
Henrietta was simply asking you to explain your comment that it's "nightmare land". It seems quite a reasonable request and that's a very odd response to it.
Quite unsuitable for building on there  is a large culvert runs right through the area it has a large gradiant on both sides hence my comment nightmare land .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 02:56:00 PM »
Have you seen it .if so tell me about it .then i will know if you have seen it

Henrietta was simply asking you to explain your comment that it's "nightmare land". It seems quite a reasonable request and that's a very odd response to it.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 02:12:27 PM »
Oh, why?
Have you seen it .if so tell me about it .then i will know if you have seen it

willow

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 01:03:48 PM »
It may be worth speaking to the Rollins Wood group who have recently done similar.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 03:30:34 PM »

amazon

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 09:30:18 PM »
I could see someone getting planning to put one big house on the land with large grounds etc, or it must being brought by someone that owns a house overlooking it, as to do extend their grounds.
ITS NIGHTMARE LAND.

ringi

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 09:24:47 PM »
I could see someone getting planning to put one big house on the land with large grounds etc, or it must being brought by someone that owns a house overlooking it, as to do extend their grounds.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 11:16:26 AM »
Anyone with an interest in preserving this woodland should get in touch with the Woodland Trust

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk

They may be able to help or offer advise with this.

No use saying "What a shame" when the paperwork is signed by a developer who is prepared to "sit" on it until he's ready to apply for planning permission.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 11:14:47 PM »
It'll be bought but probably by a cash rich individual fed up with 0.25% interest seeing this as a long term "pension".

Will that be you then @Phil ?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 08:36:32 PM »
For the agent to acknowledge “Possibility of Developing Part of the Land in the Future” I would say this is a done deal with the planning offices. Just a few hoops to jump through and a couple of visits to speaker’s panel. The asking prices of £100K is a bit unrealistic more like £300K. Take Mellor Brook for example of what a developer can do with a couple of acres. This is the beginning of the in fill to Ley Lane, such a shame.
Are you the vendor Leejo? I rather suspect you are ;)

If it was a done deal, or worth £300K, why do you think it is being sold for £100K with a covenant for 20 years? Nope, guaranteed that it won't get planning permission in at least 5 years, probably closer to 10, and then will we need it given HS2 will have been scrapped by then and the PP for 4000 homes on High Lane then being surplus to requirements?

It'll be bought but probably by a cash rich individual fed up with 0.25% interest seeing this as a long term "pension".

RH.

Leejo

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 01:04:21 AM »
For the agent to acknowledge “Possibility of Developing Part of the Land in the Future” I would say this is a done deal with the planning offices. Just a few hoops to jump through and a couple of visits to speaker’s panel. The asking prices of £100K is a bit unrealistic more like £300K. Take Mellor Brook for example of what a developer can do with a couple of acres. This is the beginning of the in fill to Ley Lane, such a shame.

wheels

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 09:37:26 PM »
It's certainly an attractive price and if a few hardworking individuals can raise 100 for the skate  park could a similar sum be raised to secure this plot of land for public use or at least none development use.

Dave

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 05:20:34 PM »
I doubt whether the slope is any steeper than that on the nearby 'painters estate'.

amazon

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 02:57:37 PM »
It looks highly speculative, but at that low price there may just be a few takers who fancy  a flutter, given the currently controversial Greater Manchester Spatial Framework, which includes plans to release areas of green belt for development. But not this one - yet!
Have you seen the land more slope on it than chadwick street car park .and a large stream .

Dave

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 11:18:34 AM »
It looks highly speculative, but at that low price there may just be a few takers who fancy  a flutter, given the currently controversial Greater Manchester Spatial Framework, which includes plans to release areas of green belt for development. But not this one - yet!