Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Big lump of land for sale in Marple Bridge  (Read 10880 times)

amazon

Re: Big lump of land for sale in Marple Bridge
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2017, 03:23:31 PM »
I notice that the two large detached houses (including one with a tennis court) on the left as you come down from Glossop, which appear to have a fair bit of land, suddenly sold, after a long wait, within a couple of days of each other a while ago. They still don't appear to be lived in.

Is this a co-incidence or might it have anything to do with the sale of the land. A builder who has an eye to the main chance perhaps - knock 'em down and build a bigger estate? Or am I indulging in conspiracy theory?
YES . you are .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2017, 01:29:05 PM »
I notice that the two large detached houses (including one with a tennis court) on the left as you come down from Glossop, which appear to have a fair bit of land, suddenly sold, after a long wait, within a couple of days of each other a while ago. They still don't appear to be lived in.

Is this a co-incidence or might it have anything to do with the sale of the land. A builder who has an eye to the main chance perhaps - knock 'em down and build a bigger estate? Or am I indulging in conspiracy theory?

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2017, 04:22:44 PM »
Henrietta was simply asking you to explain your comment that it's "nightmare land". It seems quite a reasonable request and that's a very odd response to it.
Thanks, Admin :)

andrewbowden

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 04:19:07 PM »
With culvert underneath .

I once stayed in a holiday cottage in Ambleside that had a stream running underneath it.  One end of the stream popped out from under the conservatory and ran through the garden.  It's this one: http://www.heartofthelakes.co.uk/property/ambleside-troutbeck/little-brook/1256

So such things are not insolvable.

amazon

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2017, 09:22:30 PM »
Think this is the one you mean @amazon:

yes, This side of the trees is the recreation ground now.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 09:21:31 PM »
If you go to file 66 virtual tour

Think this is the one you mean @amazon:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 09:02:10 PM »
This land could belong to the builder that built the estate [bonington rise ] some of it he would not build on to sandy .i am now going back a good while i remember it when all of  it was just fields .
If you go to file 66 virtual tour it shows you the land before some of it was built on as one complete fields .any one know who built the houses on there .i was a local estate agent that sold them not now around of coarse ,

amazon

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 08:39:21 PM »
It would be interesting to find out who the owner is. If it was an individual, they would at least have a crack at getting outline planning and throw £5000 at it - Red or Black…

My guess is it’s a complicated trust or possibly the WI at the bottom because they own the land going up Hogarth to the first house on Bonnington which would have connected before the new houses were built the 80’s.

The other possibility could be SMBC who are pleading poverty just like Tameside and have started to sell off pieces of land they have inherited over the years for a quick buck.

My money’s is on the council due to the fact they have stopped maintaining the park and instead remove the equipment. The bridge in wood is in need of repairing and the path has been washed away, which was probably the final straw for the council.
This land could belong to the builder that built the estate [bonington rise ] some of it he would not build on to sandy .i am now going back a good while i remember it when all of  it was just fields .

simonesaffron

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »
Covenants are not prohibitions. Like most other legal orders, there is a protocol for having them removed. Obviously there is a cost to this, so it usually depends on the perceived value of any development to the developer.

The point is, never assume that there is irrevocable protection in a land covenant because there isn't.       

amazon

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2017, 12:34:20 PM »
Just to respond to Leejo and to assist, the land is not owned by the Council. SMBC residents can check on this themselves as we all have access to maps via the Council web site which confirms which land is owned by the council, along with other useful information in this sort of situation, such as rights of way. I'm trying to assist local residents with their concerns about this land sale, which is mainly about this being used for development. Currently the sale notice on line makes it clear there is no planning approval, and without it, the land is worth much less. You'll see the sale notice wants 25% of any profit, if the land should get planning approval. The Ludworth Park Friends (who I know and are an excellent, resourceful, active group) are working on this and if you feel like joining them, you will be more influential if you all work together.
Thanks for info Malcolm how do you find out if land has a covenant on it i have lived on lower fold for over 40 years and we were told the park on lower fold not the land for sale
 had a covenant on it .....

Malcolm Allan

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 09:07:44 AM »
Just to respond to Leejo and to assist, the land is not owned by the Council. SMBC residents can check on this themselves as we all have access to maps via the Council web site which confirms which land is owned by the council, along with other useful information in this sort of situation, such as rights of way. I'm trying to assist local residents with their concerns about this land sale, which is mainly about this being used for development. Currently the sale notice on line makes it clear there is no planning approval, and without it, the land is worth much less. You'll see the sale notice wants 25% of any profit, if the land should get planning approval. The Ludworth Park Friends (who I know and are an excellent, resourceful, active group) are working on this and if you feel like joining them, you will be more influential if you all work together. 

Leejo

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 08:22:05 AM »
It would be interesting to find out who the owner is. If it was an individual, they would at least have a crack at getting outline planning and throw £5000 at it - Red or Black…

My guess is it’s a complicated trust or possibly the WI at the bottom because they own the land going up Hogarth to the first house on Bonnington which would have connected before the new houses were built the 80’s.

The other possibility could be SMBC who are pleading poverty just like Tameside and have started to sell off pieces of land they have inherited over the years for a quick buck.

My money’s is on the council due to the fact they have stopped maintaining the park and instead remove the equipment. The bridge in wood is in need of repairing and the path has been washed away, which was probably the final straw for the council.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 06:08:32 AM »
The Friends of Ludworth Park, a new group set up to try to save and then improve the small park off Glossop Road, near the Windsor Castle pub, have called a public meeting to discuss the implications and possibilities this sale presents to the locality. All are welcome. The meeting will take place at 4pm on Saturday April 9th at the Windsor Castle pub.

Let's hope it would make a great extension to the park!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 10:00:36 PM »
If I had the money for a "grand design type home", it could make a good site for a tree house build on large legs, so avoiding the issues with slopes etc.
With culvert underneath .

ringi

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 07:59:49 PM »
If I had the money for a "grand design type home", it could make a good site for a tree house build on large legs, so avoiding the issues with slopes etc.