Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: March road works - do you want this info?  (Read 3050 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: March road works - do you want this info?
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 12:19:28 PM »
If you need to go to Glossop or further on be aware that there are long delays on Glossop Road/Marple Road (A626). The traffic lights on the road works aren't working during the day and there are long delays while the convoy leader gets enough vehicles to make it worthwhile  to do the run.
Around mid-day today on the way back from Glossop I waited 15 minutes for the convoy vehicle to come back with its collection of vehicles. There isn't enough traffic to justify that sort of long wait.

jambutty

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 01:29:51 PM »
Thank you @ringi There seemed to be more unadopted roads than what we considered normal. Have a nice weekend.

ringi

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 01:16:47 PM »
How do we know which ones are the council's responsibility?

Your legel team will check as the time you buy the property.   Otherwise ask the agent in writing, saying you will not put an offer in unless they tell you.

jambutty

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 12:34:40 PM »
Me and my husband are house hunting in Marple at the moment. We were driving around last weekend and noticed a fair few (what we would call) unadopted roads. I spotted ones with signs saying 'private road' (where I understand it is the resident's responsibility) but there were some i.e. Townscliffe Lane that were in a bad state. Just wondered what the situation was? Think we noticed Bradshaw Crescent as well. How do we know which ones are the council's responsibility? Thank you very much.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 03:20:58 PM »
If you need to go to Glossop or further on be aware that there are long delays on Glossop Road/Marple Road (A626). The traffic lights on the road works aren't working during the day and there are long delays while the convoy leader gets enough vehicles to make it worthwhile  to do the run.

amazon

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 03:04:37 PM »
This is the sort of thing that I blog about.  There was a lot in March - this was blogged 2 weeks ago but not all have started yet.  Would people also want this info regularly here?

Compstall road from the Northumberland arms is in a right state kerbs need redoing lower than the road in places it needs resurfacing .has no one looked at this stretch .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 09:13:35 AM »
Would people also want this info regularly here?

I think that would be helpful please @CllrGeoffAbell
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

the rover

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 06:27:20 AM »
Thank you, this information is very useful.

CllrGeoffAbell

March road works - do you want this info?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 04:58:54 PM »
This is the sort of thing that I blog about.  There was a lot in March - this was blogged 2 weeks ago but not all have started yet.  Would people also want this info regularly here?

Longhurst Lane

Perhaps the most important local scheme is that to resurface the bottom, most worn bit of Longhurst Lane (pictured) at the exit from Marple Bridge.  (Town St was done recently and I asked for the stop line at the other end to be pulled back to allow buses to turn right on their way to Mellor more easily.)

The engineer has informed us that the plan is to use 2 Sundays from 08:00 to 17:00, starting on 12th March.  Diversions will be in operation.

Hollins Lane will remain open and access controlled using traffic signals.

Constable Drive (Hogarth to Cottam), Cottam Crescent, bottom of Winnington Road and Bradshaw Crescent

I am very pleased to announce that Stockport Council is able to redo these 4 stretches of road.  They were on the “reserve list” for Marple North’s part of the £100m Highway Improvement Programme.  We have pushed for these to be done – some parts of these are in quite a poor state – and the money is available before the Programme moves on from Marple North.

The first two stretches will be done w/c 13 March and the second two w/c 20 March.  Weather permitting the work will take 2 weeks.

The recent works on Town St and Stockport Road seem to be well received and (although major roads) disruption was kept to a minimum.

Car park retaining walls

2 walls will be remade, starting in March.  The Marple Br one next to the chemist will start on 13th March and last 2 weeks; the one in George St in Compstall will start on 6 March and last for 5 weeks.  Or so is the plan.

Stockport Road – evenings only

Contractors working on behalf of Transport for Greater Manchester will be undertaking works to recut traffic detector loops on Stockport Road, Marple and Town Street, Marple Bridge. These works are scheduled to take place from 6th March to 10th March and will require the use of temporary traffic signals between the hours of 7pm and 11pm only as outlined below:
–          6th March: Stockport Road, Marple – At the junction of Station Road.
–          7th to 8th March: Stockport Road, Marple – At the junction of Hollins Lane.
–          8th March: Stockport Road, Marple – At the junction of Hibbert Lane.
–          9th to 10th March: Town Street, Marple Bridge – At the junction of Lower Fold.
Please note that only one traffic management will be in place at any one time.

United Utility … with the Lead Piping

United Utilities will be undertaking works to disconnect and replace an old lead supply on Station Road, Marple, between the junctions of Stockport Road and Manor Hill Road. These works are scheduled to take place on Sunday 12th March and will require the use of stop/go boards between the hours of 09:30 and 15:30.
United Utilities will also be undertaking works to replace a manhole frame and cover on Lower Fold, near the junction of Town Street. These works are scheduled to take place on 2nd March and will require the use of temporary multi-way signals between the hours of 7pm and 9pm only.
Glossop Road
As part of the £100m road renewal programme, Stockport Council will be carrying out carriageway resurfacing works on Glossop Road from approx. Sandhill Lane to Dog Clough. This works will be carried out by our Alliance Partner J Cooney Ltd.

Work is scheduled to commence 20th March 2017(dates may change subject to weather) taking approximately 2 weeks to complete, weather permitting between 09.30-15.30hrs.

To minimise disruption in the local area and allow safe working operations to take place the work will be carried out to using temporary traffic signals and a convoy system with 10mph speed limit during the work.  Unfortunately, it will also be necessary to close Sandhill Lane for part of the work whilst the resurfacing work takes place across the junction, during this time a signed diversion will be in operation. Access to properties in the working zone will be maintained wherever possible but may be restricted for certain periods as the work progresses.

Strines
The trial carriageway dig at the junction of Plucksbridge and Strines Roads should be over in the next few days.
Footpath Improvements in Marple Bridge and High Lane

As part of the £100m HIP, improvements to Cloughside (off Fernwood) are scheduled to start on 6th Match.
And footway resurfacing works to Windlehurst Road in High Lane from number 209 to Torkington Lane is also scheduled to start on 20th