Call High Lane Garage for a polite, fast response on low mileage cars

Author Topic: Moving from the city to the hills......thinking ahead about schools  (Read 1312 times)

jambutty

Re: Moving from the city to the hills......thinking ahead about schools
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 08:14:31 AM »
Thanks Mark!
I was going to call the school today but yes an e-mail would be better. Our first family home is a big decision and we would love to be able to walk our children to school. We're seeing a real effect on house prices due to Ludworth being so highly rated. I'm sure we'll find a nice home to call our own soon  :)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Moving from the city to the hills......thinking ahead about schools
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 06:29:59 AM »
Hi @jambutty ,

I don't have any personal knowledge about St Mary's except to say that the head has been very helpful and approachable to Friends of the Park.

There is an admissions policy on this page of their web site: http://www.st-marys-marplebridge.stockport.sch.uk/admissions/

I think it would be worth contacting the school via email.

There is a general problem in Marple and the surrounding areas regarding school places but I don't know how much it effects St Mary's but maybe others do.
Mark Whittaker

The Marple Website

jambutty

Moving from the city to the hills......thinking ahead about schools
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:17:13 PM »
Hello,

Me and my husband are looking to move to your friendly town from busy Manchester. We are wanting to start a family and are looking for a home that will suit us when we hopefully have little uns. I am Catholic so we’re naturally thinking about being close to St. Mary’s primary school. A few posts from years ago sounds like the school admissions thing is a bit crazy, has it improved or is it still pretty hard? Is there anyone with children at St. Mary’s with advice? I realise you can live within the parishes and generally be ok with having your children accepted, but just wondered if that was the case. Would we need to live pretty close to the school? We aim to be within walking distance as much as possible but of course need to find the right house in the right budget etc!
I’m really looking forward to getting back to the hills!
Thanks very much!