Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Social Clubs?  (Read 8637 times)

jarvo8

Re: Social Clubs?
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 12:24:43 PM »
Marple Con Club Open Mic every Sat we will also be putting on live acts on a fri soon

alibo

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 06:13:15 PM »
oops! sorry admin, should`ve worn me specs   :-[ alibo

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 10:23:59 AM »
Question for admin any chance of dedicated site for posting a weekly/ monthly list of music (entertainment) activities in pubs etc around the area, i`m sure the landlords would appreciate free ads and maybe more customers would help keep the great british pub from extinction.,and save me (and others) from becoming a drone (work,home,bed,work,home,bed---ad infinitum)

It's right here where you posted your message! There is a weekly, monthly and one-off section for events (and one for venues) that can be used by any registered user to advertise their events free of charge. One or two of the local landlords use it already but not as many as could do.

The monthly music sessions at the Navvie mentioned by Howard is already featured in the Monthly Events section.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alibo

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 02:00:21 PM »
aw thanks for that howard, unfortunately have other commitments next tues,but will keep my eye out for the next date. any other pubs,clubs etc holding music sessions, please let me know via this site. cheers everybody alibo. question for admin any chance of dedicated site for posting a weekly/ monthly list of music (entertainment) activities in pubs etc around the area, i`m sure the landlords would appreciate free ads and maybe more customers would help keep the great british pub from extinction.,and save me (and others) from becoming a drone (work,home,bed,work,home,bed---ad infinitum)

Howard

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 08:19:45 AM »
If it's not just weekends then you could go along to the Navigation on the last Tuesday of every month when there is a very diverse set of musicians playing. Recently we've had acoustic singer songwriters, electric blues, a Chinese choir, a classical harpist, an Irish whistle player and others equally as interesting. It's an open mic night so you never know who's going to turn up. It's on next Tuesday (27th Jul).

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 07:52:18 PM »
I understand that the George at Compstall has regular live bands on Friday nights - I'm hoping the new landlady will give us more details for the pub guide soon: www.marple-uk.com/pubguide
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alibo

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 07:12:16 PM »
thanks for that harry, i believe its only on sundays that they have entertainment, so am hoping that there is something going on fri or sat nights. or if anyone knows of a gig guide please let me know. i am interested in all types of music etc so maybe someone out there has some ideas. thanks  alibo

Harry

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 05:19:24 PM »
Try

'The Rat Pit' Bents Lane Social Institute, 13 Lower Bents Lane, Stockport SK6 2NJ
Tel: 0161 430 4650

alibo

Social Clubs?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 02:17:55 PM »
hi everyone. i am looking for any social clubs,working mens clubs etc in this area that have artists on at weekends. any info would be appreciated. thanks  alibo