Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Linked Events

• Marple Carnival: June 17, 2017

Author Topic: Marple Carnival [17 June 2017]  (Read 6506 times)

Sharky

Re: Marple Carnival [17 June 2017]
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 01:44:48 PM »
The whole parade has to gather up on Cross Lane before Stockport Road, Station Road and Strines Road can be closed off. This is to ensure the shortest possible delay for waiting traffic as the parade completes the final leg of its route around Marple. This year the parade was strung out from the end of Cross Lane to the college at Buxton Lane so it took longer for it to be fully gathered together.

amazon

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 11:58:24 AM »
WELL DONE Ludworth and All Saints schools. I am sure all the children and parents are delighted with their achievements and hard work!

I would also like to congratulate everyone else who took part in the parade. Everyone made a fantastic effort to help make the whole experience memorable one for SO MANY PEOPLE!!!

From the pictures I have seen, you all were fantastic and, if I could, you would all win first prize!

Also a very big "THANK YOU" to everyone that helped or supported on the day. You have helpied to carry on a special event that has united this community, that has it roots long before 1962,and long may it continue.

During these troubled times let us look beyond faults and blemishes and celebrate the things that bring us closer together.

Here's to Marple Carnival 2018!!
   Well done to all Marple was very busy saturday morning can only be good for the shops and trade .

Howard

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 08:21:16 AM »
I really enjoyed the parade this year. I thought it was a bit light on bands though. Some of the schools' floats were excellent; very imaginative.

They were held up at the end of Cross Lane for ages thought. Anyone know what was going on?

Sharky

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 10:52:40 PM »
WELL DONE Ludworth and All Saints schools. I am sure all the children and parents are delighted with their achievements and hard work!

I would also like to congratulate everyone else who took part in the parade. Everyone made a fantastic effort to help make the whole experience memorable one for SO MANY PEOPLE!!!

From the pictures I have seen, you all were fantastic and, if I could, you would all win first prize!

Also a very big "THANK YOU" to everyone that helped or supported on the day. You have helpied to carry on a special event that has united this community, that has it roots long before 1962,and long may it continue.

During these troubled times let us look beyond faults and blemishes and celebrate the things that bring us closer together.

Here's to Marple Carnival 2018!!

amazon

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 02:06:08 PM »
Thanks Henrietta for your public feedback. Perhaps one year you will have something positive to say about the Carnival or volunteer to come and help us out to improve it!
She was suposed to so she said ,

rach

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 09:42:11 AM »
Thanks Henrietta for your public feedback. Perhaps one year you will have something positive to say about the Carnival or volunteer to come and help us out to improve it!

amazon

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 08:00:51 PM »
A rather feeble parade this year, and some of the "performers" seemed poorly prepared.

(I was on the Chamber of Trade (as it was called then) float in the first "revived" Carnival in 1962 and later on the "18 Plus" float in the late '60s so know from whence I speak)
Were you not helping this year did you not put your name forward twelve months ago or was it longer than that .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 05:38:34 PM »
A rather feeble parade this year, and some of the "performers" seemed poorly prepared.

(I was on the Chamber of Trade (as it was called then) float in the first "revived" Carnival in 1962 and later on the "18 Plus" float in the late '60s so know from whence I speak)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 06:41:23 AM »
Arthur's photographs are now uploaded to the Carnival 2017 album on the Virtual History Tour:

http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-172

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 06:07:34 AM »
There's now a new album on the Virtual History Tour featuring this year's Carnival and the Skatepark Event.

Photos so far are by Jake Taylor and myself, Arthur's will be available soon:

http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=172

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 06:47:43 AM »
Here is the entertainment running order for Marple Carnival on Saturday...

Main Arena:

Music from 10:00am
 10:25am Team Extreme Skatepark Demo (1)
 10:45am Solo Performances (Kids)
 11:20am Dynamite Dance (Street Dancing Troupe)
 11:30am Lucy & Izzy (Guitar Playing Duo)
 11:55am Richard & Penny (Comedy Covers)
 12:20pm Fitsteps with Christian
 12:40pm Team Extreme Skatepark Demo (2)
 1:00pm Street parade (please note the route below)
 1:35pm Solo Performances (Adults)
 2:00pm Grace Austin (Country-Pop Singer)
 2:25pm Fire performance
 2:45pm Royalty crowning
 3:20pm Signature Dance
 3:40pm Team Extreme Skatepark Demo (3)

Small Arena:
 2:00pm - 2:30pm Dog show registration
 2:30pm - 4:00pm Dog show (Otterspool Animal Sanctuary)

Please note that these times may change. Follow our updates on the Carnival FB page or their Twitter account (@marplecarnival)

https://www.facebook.com/MarpleCarnival/
https://twitter.com/MarpleCarnival
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 07:50:38 AM »
Here's a great video of the Marple Carnival Parade Route:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Sharky

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 09:47:22 PM »
Please be advised that there will be major traffic delays in the centre of Marple between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturday 17th June during the annual Marple Carnival Parade.

Oldknow Road will be closed to traffic from 11.30 a.m. until approximately 3 p.m.

Other roads affected by temporary closures from 1p.m. will be Stockport Road, Hollins Lane, Church Lane, Hibbert Lane, Buxton Lane and Cross Lane. All roads feeding into these will also be closed as the parade passes.

Marshals and SMBC personnel will be positioned along the parade route to assist emergency services and road users. Please follow any advice given and help us ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable time.

Please visit www.marplecarnival.org.uk for further details.

Sharky

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 05:54:42 PM »
Please note that roads in the centre of Marple will be closed from 12.55 p.m. to allow the annual Marple Carnival Parade to take place on the 17th June.

Oldknow  Road will be closed for the duration of the parade from 11.30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The following roads will be closed intermittently from 12.55 p.m. until 3 p.m.:
Strines Road (at start and on return)
Stockport Road (at start and on return)
Hollins Lane,
Hibbert Lane,
Buxton Lane and
Cross Lane.

Side roads that join the above will also be closed for short periods of time to allow the parade to safely pass.

We ask all drivers to be patient during the closures. Marshals will be on duty along the route to assist the public and the emergency services.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 07:49:11 AM »
The theme for this year's Carnival is "Marple's Movie Magic".

On-line booking forms are now live for booking your places in the Parade or for a Stall:

Taking part in the Parade: http://www.marplecarnival.org.uk/a-guide-to-taking-part.html

Booking a Stall: http://www.marplecarnival.org.uk/a-guide-to-taking-part/stall-holder-information.html

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website