Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Marple Skatepark Fund-raising target of £100,000 Reached!  (Read 37157 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Marple Skatepark Fund-raising target of £100,000 Reached!
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2017, 07:24:21 PM »
Will/has all the soil surrounding the site been seeded to return grass to the edge of the skatepark? We don't want it turning into a big bed of weeds over the summer.

This will be landscaped and seeded with grass by the council with help from Friends of the Park. We're waiting for the council to tell us when they're ready to bring the soil to site (I am nagging often). Also over extra bins.

It is explained elsewhere but both the landscaping works and the blocking up of the old ramp were originally in the skatepark contractor's scope but we had to find ways to save money after costs increased over the time it took us to raise the funds we needed. Taking over these items was one way to save a bit of money and get more skatepark!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rcsprinter123

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2017, 07:14:28 PM »
Will/has all the soil surrounding the site been seeded to return grass to the edge of the skatepark? We don't want it turning into a big bed of weeds over the summer.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2017, 06:13:11 PM »
Starting tomorrow a contractor will be breeze-blocking up and skimming the rear of the old quarter pipe. The work should take 2 to 3 days and the ramp will be out of action for that period of time.

Once the work is completed Friends of the Park will paint and stencil it to match the new ramps and it should all blend in nicely.

Please be patient as this work is done and don't interfere with any barriers that are put in place for safety while we continue to improve Marple Skatepark!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2017, 07:00:09 AM »
A nice little tribute from Marple Hall School now too:

http://www.marplehall.stockport.sch.uk/skatepark-news/13209.html
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »
We now have a great press release on the Stockport Council web site too:

https://www.stockport.gov.uk/news/new-skatepark-marple

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2017, 03:27:36 PM »
Here's a press release from Life Leisure about Marple Skatepark, plus a few photos from Monday's Celebration Jam:

https://marketingstockport.co.uk/news/final-funding-sees-marple-skatepark-spring-action/

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marveld

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2017, 02:12:04 PM »
Here's the type of thing being done at the new park! Very impressive.

Lily

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2017, 01:09:28 PM »
Hubby and I had a walk into the Memorial Park today to have a look at the new skatepark.

Really pleased to see that there were lots of youngsters, of all ages, having fun on there.

It will be a while before our grandchild will be able to use it - but thankyou Marple!

EmmyJane Designs

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2017, 05:03:58 PM »
Absolute sterling work from everybody concerned.
My nephew can't wait to use it :)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2017, 02:01:29 PM »
I am delighted to announce that Marple Skatepark is now open to the public. Enjoy it safely, respect the effort that has gone into achieving this - it's the community of Marple that has made it happen by supporting us for the last 5 years! There's always more to do of course but primary mission accomplished!

We will be thanking everyone in more detail in due course but for now, thanks to Stockport Council for working with us all the way and for £50k of funding, thanks to Life Leisure for coming to our aid with nearly £12k to enable us to concrete the existing lower section, thanks to Friends of Marple Memorial Park volunteers for a huge fund-raising effort, to Stockport Homes, Marple Area Committee, The Marple Website and Forever Manchester for great funding support and to all the local people, local organisations, local councillors and businesses who have donated, fund-raised and had enough faith that we could do this to give us you money and your support.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2017, 08:34:41 PM »
And here's a video taken today...........

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2017, 08:09:49 PM »
Marple Skatepark Project passed its RoSPA inspection today and if things happen as expected the fencing will come down sometime tomorrow. Will confirm as soon as we know for sure.

Here are some pics taken during the finishing touches being applied today, plus a shot of site foreman Darren with a bar of chocolate presented to him by two grateful young lads who wanted to say thank you for their new skatepark!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2017, 06:20:30 AM »
Who is going to pay for the repair to the walkway damaged by the machinery?

Don't know for sure yet, it will depend on the contract for the works placed by the council but I expect they will have to deal with it.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

red666bear

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2017, 08:54:03 PM »
Who is going to pay for the repair to the walkway damaged by the machinery?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2017, 04:48:20 PM »
Good to see the skate park coming along and that people can't wait to use it but sure it must be a bit dodgy having people skating on a building site and unfinished features.

This is Sunday afternoon. I did challenge them but they didn't see the harm. I'm sure their parents would sue quick enough if one of them hurt themselves in it. Perhaps more secure fencing is in order.

It is a shame that they can't wait. The contractor tells me they've been breaking in for around a week now. He repairs the fence and overnight they break it again. Obviously this can't be condoned and I hope nobody gets hurt and no damage is done. I understand this was so bad at the recently opened new skatepark at Alexandra Park in Edgeley that their opening date was put back due to the extent of damage. I'm also told it's common with new skateparks once they reach this stage and the sooner we get it open properly the happier everyone will be. If all goes to plan it will be open for use before next weekend.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website