Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Marple Skatepark Fund-raising target of £100,000 Reached!  (Read 37243 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Marple Skatepark Fund-raising target of £100,000 Reached!
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2017, 01:37:25 PM »
I spotted this on my travels - it is a public bike repair stand. It could be a useful addition to the park in general and the skate park in particular. I don't know how much they cost but this one was by the fire station in Bolton.

Andy

(clearly the picture is 90deg out!)
But is cycling allowed in the park? It didn't used to be.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 09:39:45 AM »
Good job the H & S people wern't about yesterday morning or they would have been closed down and fined. I walked along the canal past the park about 10ish and they had the excavator digging away with no safety fencing erected, anybody or dogs could easily have wandered onto the site. Didn't take any photos though, not having a pop but just stating a fact.

Thank you for your comments Rover, I've passed them onto the council and to the contractor.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

the rover

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 06:30:08 AM »
Good job the H & S people wern't about yesterday morning or they would have been closed down and fined. I walked along the canal past the park about 10ish and they had the excavator digging away with no safety fencing erected, anybody or dogs could easily have wandered onto the site. Didn't take any photos though, not having a pop but just stating a fact.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 11:41:04 PM »
Times money . were are they staying

They are staying in Glossop this week but I was talking to them today about places to stay in Marple.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 08:40:37 PM »
They're not hanging about are they? What a great project.
Times money . were are they staying

Howard

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 07:18:59 PM »
They're not hanging about are they? What a great project.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 03:05:56 PM »
Here are some photos taken at the skatepark this afternoon (day 2):

Compound and fencing set-up, benches and teen rotator removed and excavation started.........

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 03:01:51 PM »
Here are a few photos taken at the skatepark yesterday (day 1), mainly as a reference for changes:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 06:17:13 AM »
That's an interesting idea, haven't seen those before. Have to see if we have any money left!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Lily

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 11:13:02 AM »
There is a discussion on The Cycle UK forum about bike repair hubs.  Within the discussion there is a link to a company who make them. Could be worth a look! Gives a starting price of just over £700.

http://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=111966&p=1092305&hilit=Liverpool#p1092305

andy+kirsty

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 09:37:45 AM »
I spotted this on my travels - it is a public bike repair stand. It could be a useful addition to the park in general and the skate park in particular. I don't know how much they cost but this one was by the fire station in Bolton.

Andy

(clearly the picture is 90deg out!)

[attachment deleted by admin]

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 03:51:44 PM »
I'm delighted to announce that Canvas Spaces Ltd will mobilise on Wednesday 1st February to start construction of the extension to Marple Skatepark.

You probably won't see very much happen on Wednesday to be honest as they will be travelling from Bristol but the construction phase will be officially underway.

We've been waiting most of the month to make this announcement but the council's order placement process has chugged very slowly and we've had to wait for confirmation that we can tell everyone. Well now we can give you the exciting news at last!

The programme is for a 10 week build, so if all goes well we should be finished for Easter but it will be very tight. There are also some extra works we'd like to do - more about that later.

Although there is nothing to see on site just yet, Canvas has given us some photos of the Ride-able Poppy Feature, which is already in fabrication.

The project is funded by £50,000 raised within the community via small grants, donations and fund-raising activities and this is matched £ for £ by Stockport Council. Friends of the Park have had fantastic support from local people, local organisations, local shops and businesses and local schools. We will be doing our best to make sure that everyone who has helped along the way is kept informed of what is happening and we take this opportunity to say a BIG THANK YOU to them all!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 06:11:32 PM »
Whilst there is matched funding in there, this is a massive, massive achievement - thanks to Mark and his team and all the volunteers and contributors towards this useful, practical scheme.  Proof that persistence and organisation pays off.

Stationery Supplies

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 09:52:50 AM »
Fantastic!
Very well done!

amazon

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 11:38:12 AM »
Amazing news, Mark & the FoMP! I haven't skateboarded since 1979 but perhaps I'll give it a go on the new park!
This is a masive achievement consdering theres been no large scale help with funding .well done .