Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Children's Optician  (Read 3484 times)

Razzle24

Re: Children's Optician
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 01:39:04 PM »
you don't have to pay for glasses for Children.  You get an NHS voucher.  If your child wants designer glasses/more expensive ones then you have to contribute as the voucher will only cover a certain amount.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 12:13:13 PM »
I would get your glasses from spec savers - with them being children they will be cheaper to replace if they loose them ;)
I was appalled to see that you have to pay for children's specs these days.I'm sure you didn't used to do.

pirate Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 02:54:13 PM »
I would get your glasses from spec savers - with them being children they will be cheaper to replace if they loose them ;)

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 06:02:32 PM »
Many thanks for the replies. Being somewhat tardy over the festive period (Mrs H would say busy ;) we didn't follow anything up until today. Sadly Riding's couldn't see us at a convenient time anytime in the next 2 weeks so, to stay local in the first instance, we tried Roger Fisher and by chance got an appointment straight away. Had both kids tested and, to her relief, #1's eyesight was OK. Not brilliant but OK. She was probably tired, or the light was reflecting strangely, when her peers could read something from a distance she couldn't. Obviously will monitor closely to see if there are any similar events, "just in case". Periodic eye tests will also be on the cards from now on.

#2's eyes were also fine but as he's that bit younger that wasn't a surprise. That, and the number of time's he points out stuff in the distance I'd wager a Falcon might struggle to see ;)

Thanks again....

RH.

PS Admin, is there a problem with the spell check feature? It doesn't seem to work on my iPad today....

JMC

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 09:21:22 PM »
Mr Glover in Romiley is very good. Especially if child has eye problems.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 02:53:07 PM »
Sadly but predictably, child number 1 is showing signs of short sightedness. Does anyone have any favourable experiences of local opticians and/or specsavers to share as regards to children's eyesight in particular? They

RH.
I use Boots on the main drag in Glossop (only because I'm in Glossop two or three times a week) they seem efficient and there is a good range of inexpensive but well-made frames.

Your child may be eligible for an NHS voucher. Not sure how you obtain one of these but your doctor's surgery may know

Razzle24

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 10:00:52 AM »
I take my children to Ridings for their eye tests and purchase my sons glasses from Specsavers as they have more choice and are cheaper.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 09:43:47 AM »
Ridings have been good for us as adults but no specific knowledge as regards to children.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rudolph Hucker

Children's Optician
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 07:55:34 PM »
Sadly but predictably, child number 1 is showing signs of short sightedness. Does anyone have any favourable experiences of local opticians and/or specsavers to share as regards to children's eyesight in particular?

RH.