Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Inconsiderate and dangerous parking in Marple  (Read 2912 times)

adventurer_marple

Re: Inconsiderate and dangerous parking in Marple
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 05:31:23 PM »
The Trinity Street junction with Church Lane is terrible, when coming out onto Church Lane due to parking on double yellow lines. It's like a park where you want when you want.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 02:29:10 PM »
Fair enough

Literally every day in Marple you can find poor parking..  Outside the swimming baths there's space for three cars but so many times you see people parking so badly it's reduced to two.. Just selfish

It's the same further down Stockport Road too, and outside the cinema etc. people leaving huge gaps between cars - ridiculous.

This is possibly one reason some people feel they are 'forced' to park illegally.. there'll always be inconsiderate idiots.. legal and illegal
There isn't a shortage of convenient carparking in Marple. It's just selfishness. And don't get me started on the parking outside the college on Buxton Lane!

amazon

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 11:08:07 AM »
Fair enough

Literally every day in Marple you can find poor parking..  Outside the swimming baths there's space for three cars but so many times you see people parking so badly it's reduced to two.. Just selfish

It's the same further down Stockport Road too, and outside the cinema etc. people leaving huge gaps between cars - ridiculous.

This is possibly one reason some people feel they are 'forced' to park illegally.. there'll always be inconsiderate idiots.. legal and illegal
Try using buses on the Hollins when its jamed up with cars .we should not have to walk in the middle of the road to use a bus .

Tricky

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 10:47:34 AM »
Fair enough

meh

jimblob

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 09:12:02 AM »
Merely making the point that whilst taking shirts to the dry cleaners might be important, it doesn't warrant illegal parking and the risks that said parking introduced to the crossing on Marple High Street. I'm as much a fan of a freshly laundered shirt as the next man, but if doing this involves breaking the law and risking lives, stay at home and do the laundering yourself.

Tricky

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 05:37:42 PM »
I'm on your side with the bad parking.. but..

May I also suggest that rather than break the law and risk an innocent pedestrian's safety in parking your vehicle as you did so that you could take your husband's shirts to the dry cleaners, you stay at home and wash and iron the shirts yourself.

Where she chooses to conduct her business is none of yours is it? 

meh

jimblob

Inconsiderate and dangerous parking in Marple
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 10:32:24 AM »
To the owner of the black Range Rover who, despite having the error of her ways pointed out to her, still thinks it's OK to park on the zig-zag lines at a pedestrian crossing. Please re-appraise yourself with the HighWay code... particularly if you insist on driving such a large vehicle.
The approach to, and exit from, a pedestrian crossing is marked with zigzag lines. It also means that you must not park on them or overtake the leading vehicle when approaching the crossing. Parking here would block the view for pedestrians and the approaching traffic

May I also suggest that rather than break the law and risk an innocent pedestrian's safety in parking your vehicle as you did so that you could take your husband's shirts to the dry cleaners, you stay at home and wash and iron the shirts yourself.