Brabyns Preparatory School

Linked Events

• Funeral of Chris Armitt: December 29, 2016

Author Topic: RIP Chris Armitt - 6 December 2016  (Read 3945 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: RIP Chris Armitt - 6 December 2016
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 10:04:43 AM »
People who attended Chris's funeral on 29th will know that it was such a bright sunny day and the chapel had no curtains, so it was very difficult to see the slideshow of photos from Chris's life that was run during the service. This has now been converted to a simple video for people to share:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 04:03:05 PM »
I can now confirm that the Wake after Chris's funeral will be at the Navigation, Marple, from 12 noon onwards on Thursday 29th December.

As mentioned earlier, please email ericandcatherinehome@googlemail.com to confirm attendance so that catering numbers can be determined.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 09:43:49 PM »
I did post some details several days ago but then learned that the date wasn't confirmed, so removed them.

It is now, and Chris's funeral will be on Thursday 29 December, 10.45am, in the Rowan Chapel at Stockport Crematorium.

The funeral arrangements are to include flowers from family only please. Donations are welcome and and will be shared between Cancer Research, the Oncology Ward 84 at the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital (where Chris's grandson Archie was treated as a baby) and a third charity to be confirmed.

There will be a Wake from 12 noon onwards at the Navigation, Marple.

Everyone who knew Chris is welcome but it would be helpful if you could confirm you will be attending so that the numbers for catering can be determined.

Please let daughter Catherine know if you will be attending via email to ericandcatherinehome@googlemail.com
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 04:35:15 PM »
RIP chris very nice person

Mr Marple

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 11:03:24 AM »
A funny and good man was Chris.

I'll remember him as our carnival man.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
RIP Chris Armitt - 6 December 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 06:45:16 AM »
The Armitt family have asked me to advise people who visit the web site of the following sad news:

Former Marple Carnival organiser Chris Armitt has passed away very suddenly and very unexpectedly on Tuesday 6th December.

Chris played a huge role in the organisation of Marple Carnival Committee for more than 20 years and will be sadly missed by his family and friends.

As you can imagine the family are completely devastated and heartbroken. They have asked to be allowed to grieve and come to terms with Chris's passing in private and that any messages and correspondence be passed through the web site (via this thread, PM to me or email admin@marple-uk.com).

The funeral arrangements haven't been set yet but will be published here when known. 

Here's a photo of Chris, taken during Marple Carnival 2011, showing how should be remembered:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website