Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Marple's Magnificent Memorial Park  (Read 2901 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Marple's Magnificent Memorial Park
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 10:04:53 PM »
It was mooted to move them to the park but we ended up putting them over the road from the Jolly site. Much more appropriate we thought.

See our Heritage section on the main site forth item down.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Henri

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 07:53:30 PM »
I believe the mounting block from the Jolly was supposed to be re-erected in the park - anyone know where? A bit silly if it was as I believe that the park is out-of-bounds to horses but I could be wrong. I seem to remember a girl at school being told off for riding up to the library when it was where the scout hut is now (if the scout hut is still there).

Peter

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 02:40:46 PM »
It's been a big week for Memorial Park!
The new £50,000 junior play area was completed and opened to its eager customers!
Two new picnic benches, funded by the Friends of the Park, have been fitted in a nice secluded area close to the play areas so parents can relax and watch their offspring play in safety.
And today it was my pleasure to receive a new flag designating that we have again achieved the coveted Green Flag status for another year.
Congratulations to all involved in the application and to the people of Marple for continuing to support this gem of a park.