Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: NatWest, Marple  (Read 40073 times)

GM

Re: NatWest, Marple
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2021, 11:14:59 AM »
No surprises really, there is also an application by Asda DC/082124

https://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData-live/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=QX22T3PJHJM00

To change the exterior signage and also expand into the old Thomas Cook & the charity shop

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2021, 11:05:32 AM »
It does indeed. I heard a rumour that it was a local estate agent who is going to move premises.

::)
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andrewbowden

« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2021, 10:36:23 AM »
In a shocking move, the new occupiers of the ground floor of the NatWest building are going to be... [drumroll]

Edward Mellor.

Planning permission has been applied for corporate signage on the building (application DC/081813) - hopefully
this link works: https://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData-live/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=QVTMPVPJFT900

mikes

« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2020, 09:55:41 PM »
I refer you to post #73

ringi

« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2020, 02:42:34 PM »
Many months ago it was said that Mellors Estate Agents had bought the premises.

If I recall correctly it was a director of Mellors Estate Agents using a separate development company.    Hence don't assume it is to move the Estate Agent office into.

Snowball

« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2020, 10:59:39 PM »
Many months ago it was said that Mellors Estate Agents had bought the premises.

amazon

« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2020, 02:01:24 PM »
Marple doesn't have that many cafes.
IDont have enough fingers .

andrewbowden

« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2020, 01:23:17 PM »
Not another cafe

Marple doesn't have that many cafes.

andrewbowden

« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2020, 01:22:41 PM »
Looks like there was a separate application DC/068350 to convert the upper storeys to three flats, with a first and second storey extension on the back.

Glad to finally see something happening. If they complete the full height windows downstairs it’d make a great cafe unit.

Ah, I missed that when I searched for it the other day.  I did a postcode search and that application is done under the postcode SK6 7AD, where as the original was on SK6 7AE.

Obviously better to search for the address.

I would have thought it a little small for a cafe myself.  But given the current climate, I'd go for hairdressers.  We have a big shortage of them round here  ;)

amazon

« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2020, 11:45:47 AM »
Looks like there was a separate application DC/068350 to convert the upper storeys to three flats, with a first and second storey extension on the back.

Glad to finally see something happening. If they complete the full height windows downstairs it’d make a great cafe unit.
Not another cafe

rsh

« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2020, 10:28:59 AM »

andrewbowden

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2020, 12:50:46 PM »
Do you no what its going to be .

No idea.  The planning application documents are very vague - probably because they weren't written with any client in mind.  They just show an open area downstairs, with a kitchen.  Then upstairs mostly keeps the previous layout of smaller office type rooms
https://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData-live/files/FE968C1A46EC9AE6DAC5F7CC7593DBA7/pdf/DC_067420-PLANNING_STATEMENT-745395.pdf

amazon

« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2020, 12:11:05 PM »
Building work's begun on altering the old Natwest building.  Looks like they're extending the first floor slightly at the minute, as well as clearing out the old bank area.
Do you no what its going to be .

andrewbowden

« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2020, 08:52:43 AM »
Building work's begun on altering the old Natwest building.  Looks like they're extending the first floor slightly at the minute, as well as clearing out the old bank area.

amazon

« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2017, 09:23:48 PM »
Returning to a banking theme - I was not happy with NatWest closing and I have just completed the transfer to Nationwide. I used the Current Account Switch Service which transfers all your incoming payments e.g.salary and direct debits. It seems to have gone OK and I can recommend them. Their current a/c gives 5% interest for the first year on up to £2.5k - drops to 1% after 1 year. I also received £100 via their "recommend a friend" scheme - got a mate at work to be my friend. They got £100 too. So NatWest customers - vote with your feet!

BTW NatWest in New Mills has now closed too.
I use rbs at the moment just looking at the Christmas opening times they will be closed for nearly a week at Christmas not a ideal situation. If you need to pay in.