Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: NatWest, Marple  (Read 40070 times)

andrewbowden

Re: NatWest, Marple
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2017, 09:34:19 AM »
We have a cinema a very nice one with lots of history, which lacks in Marple

I know we do.  I was just saying that if there was a premises that was about the right size for Wetherspoons, it would be the cinema, and certainly not NatWest.  I wasn't saying the cinema should make way for a Wetherspoons at all.

pirate Princess

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2017, 08:56:27 AM »
The cinema would be the right size.  Or the delivery office maybe.  Not NatWest.

We have a cinema a very nice one with lots of history, which lacks in Marple

andrewbowden

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2017, 09:53:32 PM »
interesting to see the atm stays ,

They have just upgraded the machine, as well as adding an access door.  They must believe it will be profitable to have it there.

amazon

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2017, 08:54:04 PM »
The former NatWest building is now up for auction on 12 September with a guide price of £150,000:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-68258615.html
interesting to see the atm stays ,

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2017, 07:33:10 PM »
The former NatWest building is now up for auction on 12 September with a guide price of £150,000:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-68258615.html
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andrewbowden

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2017, 10:18:20 PM »
Apropos to nothing, but I can't even see how the NatWest building would even be big enough for a Wetherspoons.  It's too small. 

They don't go for small places.  That's not their style.  The cinema would be the right size.  Or the delivery office maybe.  Not NatWest.

andrewbowden

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2017, 10:05:22 PM »
I find it very strange that no "For Sale" or "To Let" sign has gone up which makes me think it's new role has already been decided, probably the way we find out will be when either the licensing application is made or planning permission is requested for an external signy.

This is not unusual at all.  Such things are done online these days, and many properties never get a sign.  Indeed I had my previous house on the market last year for several months and the agent never put a sign up.

Secondly NatWest are likely to be closing several branches nationwide at once so disposals would likely go through a single agent who may not even have been appointed yet.  Or they may even just sit on it until a lease runs out.

Condate

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2017, 09:58:51 PM »
Then we might get our town back - like Marple Bridge for instance who have a great night life.

This does rather presuppose that people want a 'night life' whatever that means. Personally, once I get home from work, that's it for the night. I can lock the door and stay indoors or in the garden. However, I know some people are different. There do seem to be a lot of eateries and pubs at the moment, so I'm not sure what more people want.

andrewbowden

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2017, 09:56:46 PM »
Weatherspoons are closing pubs not opening them the one in Hydes closing soon .

Like any big company, Wetherspoons regularly review their estate - especially when they come up for contract renewal.  Wetherspoons regularly close pubs and have done for decades.  At the same time, they regularly open new ones.  They also put pubs on the market and sometimes don't close them...  (There are several I know that went on the market last year and that are still open.)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2017, 09:42:37 PM »
There is a planning application that was submitted in April and approved last week that shows the removal of one of the ATM's and its replacement by a doorway.

It looks like it is being changed so that the ATM that remains can be accessed via the new steel security door and no longer via the building that was the bank.

The DC number is DC/065454 and with a bit of luck these links will show you more:

http://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData-live/files/ACA70CB007ACDA48006DB56AB942CBF1/pdf/DC_065454-EXISTING_PROPOSED_GROUNDFLOOR-284915.pdf

http://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData-live/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=OOB1YEPJGOR00
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2017, 08:20:40 PM »
I actually think it would be net neutral to Oldknow's- but beneficial to the community of Marple as a whole.

The virtual monopoly of Robbie's prior to Beer Traders and Oldknow's killed Marple nightlife. Same old, same old.... Same tired beverages, same tired tenants (with a few very notable exceptions - you know exactly who I mean!), same tired buildings and interiors, same tired themes/offering beyond the odd quiz night and perhaps some darts. No wonder the town died as supermarkets started offering decent craft ales and wines (etc.) at reasonable prices and Netflix or whatever became mainstream.

Beer Traders and Oldknow's breathed some life back in but they're relatively small and don't do food (to any great degree). What we need is for the generation in charge of Robbies now to realise their current business model has no future in the 21st century, grow a pair and sell off the majority of their estate without restrictions to trade, and allow freehouses in their place. Or we need to petition Wetherspoons to buy the Nat West. Or better still both. Then we might get our town back - like Marple Bridge for instance who have a great night life.

With more choice, more people would stay in Marple for their nights out. With more choice, more people might visit from neighbouring towns. With more choice, more people might switch off the telly and venture out. All of which will benefit Oldknow's and Beer Traders (classic Game Theory if you have ever studied it) but probably be detrimental to the Midland and Norfolk...

And believe it or not, this would also benefit Robbies themselves. If Marple footfall doubled (and in reality I think it would treble) by keeping (at most) 2 or 3 of their traditional pubs they would maintain/increase their turnover but with fewer overheads in the estate = a more attractive offering with which to attract quality tenants, plus more profit for them. What's not to like?

So come on Wethespoons, do Marple a favour and get your offer in!

RH.
were in Marple bridge for great night life.

amazon

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2017, 08:19:17 PM »
I actually think it would be net neutral to Oldknow's- but beneficial to the community of Marple as a whole.

The virtual monopoly of Robbie's prior to Beer Traders and Oldknow's killed Marple nightlife. Same old, same old.... Same tired beverages, same tired tenants (with a few very notable exceptions - you know exactly who I mean!), same tired buildings and interiors, same tired themes/offering beyond the odd quiz night and perhaps some darts. No wonder the town died as supermarkets started offering decent craft ales and wines (etc.) at reasonable prices and Netflix or whatever became mainstream.

Beer Traders and Oldknow's breathed some life back in but they're relatively small and don't do food (to any great degree). What we need is for the generation in charge of Robbies now to realise their current business model has no future in the 21st century, grow a pair and sell off the majority of their estate without restrictions to trade, and allow freehouses in their place. Or we need to petition Wetherspoons to buy the Nat West. Or better still both. Then we might get our town back - like Marple Bridge for instance who have a great night life.

With more choice, more people would stay in Marple for their nights out. With more choice, more people might visit from neighbouring towns. With more choice, more people might switch off the telly and venture out. All of which will benefit Oldknow's and Beer Traders (classic Game Theory if you have ever studied it) but probably be detrimental to the Midland and Norfolk...

And believe it or not, this would also benefit Robbies themselves. If Marple footfall doubled (and in reality I think it would treble) by keeping (at most) 2 or 3 of their traditional pubs they would maintain/increase their turnover but with fewer overheads in the estate = a more attractive offering with which to attract quality tenants, plus more profit for them. What's not to like?

RH.
Weatherspoons are closing pubs not opening them the one in Hydes closing soon .

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2017, 07:52:43 PM »
If the rumour is true and Wetherspoons have bought it, I can't see it doing The Samuel Oldknow any good, which is a great pity.

RH.

amazon

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2017, 07:25:16 PM »
Fake news?? ;)
YOU TRUMPED me on that one

Barbara

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2017, 05:38:02 PM »
Fake news?? ;)