Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: NatWest, Marple  (Read 40079 times)

Snowball

Re: NatWest, Marple
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2017, 05:10:02 PM »
I believe this building has already been bought by Weatherspoons and work has already begun? A crying shame and not good for the area in my opinion!

According to Wetherspoons own website it's not listed as a planned new opening. Spoof perhaps?

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/opening-soon

Barbara

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2017, 05:04:56 PM »
If the rumour is true and Wetherspoons have bought it, I can't see it doing The Samuel Oldknow any good, which is a great pity. 

Victor M

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2017, 05:02:57 PM »
I find it very strange that no "For Sale" or "To Let" sign has gone up which makes me think it's new role has already been decided, probably the way we find out will be when either the licensing application is made or planning permission is requested for an external sign.

amazon

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »
Judging by the clothes of the woman standing outside, I'd say it was late 1920s or early 1930s
If weatherspoon had bought it the cashline machine would not be still in use acording to one of the ladies that worked there now at Bramhall the machine will still be in use while nat west own it .the work going on is to clear stuff out . have you seen any plans for weatherspoons it wont happen that quick if they have bought it .just Marple rumours .

Google

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2017, 11:30:14 AM »
I believe this building has already been bought by Weatherspoons and work has already begun? A crying shame and not good for the area in my opinion!

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2017, 11:55:51 AM »
That's right @PhilB here's a copy (sadly we don't have a date for it):

It was also the District Bank (again, no date):

But in 1914 it was a Marple Urban District Council office:

Judging by the clothes of the woman standing outside, I'd say it was late 1920s or early 1930s

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2017, 02:31:33 PM »
Looking at the photos on this website it used to the Manchester and County Bank

That's right @PhilB here's a copy (sadly we don't have a date for it):

It was also the District Bank (again, no date):

But in 1914 it was a Marple Urban District Council office:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

PhilB

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2017, 12:48:42 PM »
Looking at the photos on this website it used to the Manchester and County Bank

Razzle24

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2017, 08:30:06 AM »
I couldn't have move here much sooner - I was only 8 at the time 😂😂😂😂

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2017, 03:43:20 PM »
It was already there when I moved to Marple in 1982.
Gosh, Razzle, you are but an incomer!  ;)

Shortly before he died in 1997, my father was chatting with an old friend who said that Dad  wouldn't remember something they were talking about because he wasn't a Marple person....... Dad had moved to Marple with his parents in 1926!!!!

Not sure how long you have to live here before you are a native!

MJC

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 10:51:10 AM »
It was the District Bank when I was a little girl (1950s) and I used to take the family business's takings in on Saturday mornings when I was in my early teens - still the District Bank then. I can remember the amalgamation but can't remember exactly when it was.

As a matter of interest - why?

Thank you. I'm writing a short article about it. I'm aware Market Street was once very different, and wondered how long that building had been a bank.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2017, 06:15:22 PM »
Hello,

Does anyone happen to know how long the NatWest has been in Marple? Also, how long was the Disley branch there for?
It was the District Bank when I was a little girl (1950s) and I used to take the family business's takings in on Saturday mornings when I was in my early teens - still the District Bank then. I can remember the amalgamation but can't remember exactly when it was.

As a matter of interest - why?

Razzle24

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 05:55:58 PM »
It was already there when I moved to Marple in 1982.

MJC

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 10:37:20 AM »
Hello,

Does anyone happen to know how long the NatWest has been in Marple? Also, how long was the Disley branch there for?

Tillyed1

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2016, 02:12:16 PM »
Only open till 2.00pm Saturdays ! .  Closed Wednesday's , shuts early Saturday's , surprised they don't close for lunch each day, it's like a throwback to a bygone age !