Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Land up for auction near Brick Bridge  (Read 3382 times)

prestbury

Re: Land up for auction near Brick Bridge
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 09:35:41 PM »
and another section has also come up for auction on the other side of brickbridge road banking.

I suspect this would go for a similar price as the previous auction.Definitely not a mooring speculation as this section of land has the towpath adjacent.

prestbury

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 09:28:51 PM »
As far as I'm aware the landowner would own the mooring rights to that side of the canal.

There are no riparian mooring rights alongside the canal. The owner would have to apply to the Canal and River Trust for what is commonly known as an 'End of Garden' Mooring with an annual rent (around £500 to £700 pa) being paid to C&RT which would be non transferable on sale of the land. Many a person has come unstuck by speculating on mooring rights hence the fact that it went for such a low price.

Knowing the weakness of this side of the canal it is highly likely that C&RT would refuse such a permit along with the fact that official C&RT 48 hour moorings are directly opposite.

To be honest if there was a chance of mooring rights being granted I would have had a little bit of a punt on this and of course would have expected the price to be a lot higher.

GM

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 08:06:28 PM »
The land was sold for £7500, and another section has also come up for auction on the other side of brickbridge road banking.

amazon

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 10:37:58 PM »
That must  be the dodgiest stretch of canal bank on the Peak Forest Canal, the person who takes that on will have to have deep pockets as it looks like it's going to burst anyday, and I think insurance will be very difficult to get.
They have probaly done a survey and decided it going to cost a lot of money in upkeep so lets get rid let someone else have the problem .

knitter

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 08:18:29 PM »
That must  be the dodgiest stretch of canal bank on the Peak Forest Canal, the person who takes that on will have to have deep pockets as it looks like it's going to burst anyday, and I think insurance will be very difficult to get.

GM

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 10:36:40 AM »
As far as I'm aware the landowner would own the mooring rights to that side of the canal.

But I would be more worried about all the trees on the banking, it's a main road and you would be liable for any problems if any of the trees block, fall or obstruct the highway.

Which would also include all necessary cutting back for high sided vehicles and buses, something which the council can legally force you to do or bill you for the works and all the necessary tree preservation paperwork.

In addition any moorings would need off road parking and I doubt the owners or the council would permit any such development of green spaces.

ringi

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 11:44:11 PM »
Does it include mooring rights?

If it is the land I have seen while walking on the canal, it has been for sale for a long time.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Land up for auction near Brick Bridge
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 04:15:04 PM »
There is some land up for auction near Brick Bridge on  DECEMBER 7TH 2016.

It's a bit confusing as the map image is upside down but it runs for quite a long way from the bridge back towards Top Lock between the canal and Strines Road:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57012502.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sharing&utm_campaign=buying

Here's a copy of the map spun the right way:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website