Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Why is there No Poppy Appeal in Marple?  (Read 5705 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Why is there No Poppy Appeal in Marple?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 06:47:19 PM »
What's going on? No Poppie boxes in Marple so that people can show respect to our fallen HEROES.

As I understand it nobody has stepped up to organise this. It doesn't just happen, someone (volunteers) have to arrange it all. Deliver the boxes and poppies to the shops, collect the full boxes and deliver them back to the organisers. It is quite a lot of work and responsibility. The local chap who has done it for many years is in his 80s and has retired from the role. In fact he tried to retire a couple of years ago and Jack Turnbull was taking it over but sadly Jack became very ill last year and couldn't do it (he has since passed away). So the chap who used to do it stepped in again last year but he can't keep doing so. The same applies to the collections in Asda, it was the same people organising it and as I understand it nobody has stepped up to take this over either.

Most of the RBL volunteers are getting pretty old now. What is really needed is someone younger to step up and say "I'm going to do that!"
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

zoonie

Why is there No Poppy Appeal in Marple?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 06:27:13 PM »
Whats Going on no Poppie boxes in Marple so that people can show respect to to are fallen HEROS.