Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Child knocked off bike  (Read 2472 times)

JJJA19

Re: Child knocked off bike
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 03:21:06 PM »
Possibly. But you said they did stop to check that your son was alright, which he was.

How old is your son? It's not that unreasonable for her to have driven off once checking he was ok if he's, say, a 14-16 professing that he's fine (although I'd probably have stayed). Obviously a different story if he's only, say, 7 or 8.

Also, AIUI there's no need to report traffic collisions to the police if there are no injuries (although that may have change or may be different in the accident involves a pedestrian or minor).

Insurance is possibly a factor. In Marple (and the area of Marple in question) more likely that she didn't want to lose a no claims bonus than not having it (although that depends on whose fault the collision was).

If you do manage to track her down, what sort of resolution are you after?

not looking for any sort of resolution - he is 13 and his Bike was damaged, also the day after his knee was bruised - I just find it hard to understand why you wouldn't stay with the child and call his parents, its just seems a conscientious thing to do?

Lily

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 04:36:05 PM »
I hope you reported it to the police JJJA19 if only 'for the record'.

Then maybe, just maybe, she has a conscience and reports it herself. And, if she does, the incident can then be sorted.

marpleexile

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 02:29:07 PM »
Like I said in my post if this person is prepared to drive off without calling parents/police then a real concern for Marple ??

Possibly. But you said they did stop to check that your son was alright, which he was.

How old is your son? It's not that unreasonable for her to have driven off once checking he was ok if he's, say, a 14-16 professing that he's fine (although I'd probably have stayed). Obviously a different story if he's only, say, 7 or 8.

Also, AIUI there's no need to report traffic collisions to the police if there are no injuries (although that may have change or may be different in the accident involves a pedestrian or minor).

Insurance is possibly a factor. In Marple (and the area of Marple in question) more likely that she didn't want to lose a no claims bonus than not having it (although that depends on whose fault the collision was).

If you do manage to track her down, what sort of resolution are you after?

amazon

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 12:33:15 PM »
he is shaken up as you would expect...their is nothing in the area that I can see. Like I said in my post if this person is prepared to drive off without calling parents/police then a real concern for Marple ??
Might not have been insured .

JJJA19

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 12:20:54 PM »
he is shaken up as you would expect...their is nothing in the area that I can see. Like I said in my post if this person is prepared to drive off without calling parents/police then a real concern for Marple ??

EmmyJane Designs

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 06:07:07 PM »
That is awful.
I really do hope he hasn't been put of by this dreadful experience.

Have you checked if any local business premises or shops any video?

JJJA19

Child knocked off bike
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 09:00:37 PM »
today at approximately 4.30/4.45 my son was knocked off his bike on the junction off Walton Drive/Dale Road. The lady concerned was driving a blue mini. She stopped very briefly to simply ask if he was OK then drove off. If anyone saw the incident please advise. I think at least she could have stayed with him until his parents were called or better still phone the police to report the incident. Fortunately he is OK - his bike is however damaged. My concern is that it could have been serious and she saw it fit to leave the scene.